Rain,Rain,Rain

BleuBijou

OK , Ready for the faucet to be turned off at anytime. What does the sun look like? Guess the frogs are happy! Duck blind is now in North Platte, Nebraska. No water in the basement yet!:eek: You can whitewater raft now in Middle September!Might not live very long though! Big T is a rollin' and soil is saturated with more rain for a couple days. If the drought monitor is not white next week it is a sham. Some places got 4-6 inches in 3 hours. Daylight should bring some good picks.

I know Bleu, It rained down here for two days straight. We needed it badly. Take it when you can.:D

I wouldn't mind normally, but it has claimed 3 lives so far and they are trying to figure out how to get up the canyons to help people. Air is grounded and mud and rockslides cover the entrances and escape routes. The fear is there will be more bad news when they do get up there as homes were swept away along with cars. People have left their homes and climbing to higher ground. Those people have been there all night soaking wet and still no one to get to them. Rain continues. If I go to the Doc, I will stop at the duck blind and snap a photo. The Platte was expected to crest at 11 feet near Henderson which will be in the top 4 all time.

on the news last night it said some area here got over 5 inches of rain than there was more today, saw doves getting the heck out of here, probably in Arizona by now :)

I tried to get a few pic's of the Big T. As I came to the bridge they were setting up the signs getting ready to close it, so I did not stop and snap a pic. the river was already out of it's banks. I came home on another road off of 402 and 402 was going to be over topped where it was closest to the Big T , between Boise and St. Louis. Went over the bridge on St. Louis and 2 Sheriff deputies were there with lights on. So I didn't stop there either to snap a pic. Hwy 34 has been taken out in the Narrows in a couple spots and people are trapped in between. Still no air support because of low ceiling. 34 will likely be closed for many many months. Police Chief told us to pick what side of the river you wanted to be on because it will soon split Loveland in half with no access N. and S. I-25 may be the only route unless it gets really bad. By that they are letting a ton of water out of the damn at Estes because of the pressure build up and the damn may be compromised. It is still raining hard up the hill. Lyons is still cut off. Only way out or Estes is over trail ridge road to the West.

Chad,
Try and stay dry and warm my friend. I can't wait to hear from the jackasses here in Colorado Springs, the Utilities that is and tell us how there are still water restrictions and how the rain that falls from the sky doesn't fill up the reservoirs that they use for our water :eek::confused: WTH!!!

They say only snowmelt replenishes them...so I guess all this runoff rain (now that the ground is totally saturated) just goes to New Mexico, Kansas, or Texas. I am sick of hearing that garbage. They just want to keep our rates high and making $$$.:rolleyes:

I hope the drought monitor improves and it should.

What do any of y'all think about how this rain will effect the roosters this fall in Kansas and eastern Colorado?? :confused:

I was going to go grouse hunting Saturday, think I will stick to training up at Bearpoint kennels, work on some pointing with chukar with Remi....

Greg

Greg,
Don't you know the board at the utilities office are educated,smart individuals:rolleyes:with our best interests at heart, enough bullshitz wouldn't you think, of course it takes snow to fill resevoirs but rain is needed as well and it has started raining here again about 5 minutes ago, of course when I took the dogs out and I got soaked, it is really raining it's butt off. I as well wonder how this will effect everything. One thing for sure there will be plenty of cover even if there is no birds to hide in it. Might help next year broods.

I wouldn't mind normally, but it has claimed 3 lives so far and they are trying to figure out how to get up the canyons to help people. Air is grounded and mud and rockslides cover the entrances and escape routes. The fear is there will be more bad news when they do get up there as homes were swept away along with cars. People have left their homes and climbing to higher ground. Those people have been there all night soaking wet and still no one to get to them. Rain continues. If I go to the Doc, I will stop at the duck blind and snap a photo. The Platte was expected to crest at 11 feet near Henderson which will be in the top 4 all time.

Bleu,

I had not heard the news of the flooding you all are having, in co. Yea you all don't need anymore rain for a little bit.:eek:

Terrible stuff out there Chad. Stay safe! Csu is still planning to play Fresno State this week (go Bulldogs!) May give you guys the edge on us flat land dust bowl types from the Valley.

My wife and I spent the night bailing out window wells, digging trenches to divert water away from the house, and making sandbags out of garbage sacks. I am whooped. We moved into a new house just a short while ago, out past Colorado Sporting Clays. My mom has the finished basement. I went down to basement to help my mom out with putting something together, saw some water on the floor, then looked up at the window well! :eek: Then the work began! We turned in around 2:00AM, then I was at Lowe's looking for a water pump as soon as the doors opened. Went back home and dug out all of the debris and muck out of the window well. Time for a beer and a nap.

:cheers:

How's the forecast looking Weim? Stay safe and dry guys, you're in our thoughts.

Terrible stuff out there Chad. Stay safe! Csu is still planning to play Fresno State this week (go Bulldogs!) May give you guys the edge on us flat land dust bowl types from the Valley.

CU!!! Get it right if you plan on giving us the same treatment you did last year!!! I think they kept the clock going even when they ran out of bounds last year. Please do not put 69 on us as we are trying to rebuild with some young under weight kids. We do have P-Rich. Kid can fly and has had 200+ yds receiving the first 2 games, but competition was not what they will face Saturday. They think Estes Park will get another 3.41 tonight into tomm. Not good as it comes down the hill into town. We are doing good here. No flooding away from the river. I have the inlet right in front of my house and have had to wade out and clean it before to prevent water from coming up to the house. I have not had to do that yet. Who knows where my blind is, but the river is going to change now and I will have to find all the snags and holes over my head again. I need a guinea pig to test it out. Used all my buddies and they know better now. What are friends for!!! Have a good one.

How's the forecast looking Weim? Stay safe and dry guys, you're in our thoughts.

Thanks! :)

I am reluctant to say that everything seems fine. The forecast calls for 80% chance of thunderstorms, we have had light rain and mist all day, with a couple of short but heavy showers. Basically, crossing our fingers and hoping that the worst of it is over. I grew up in coastal Alabama, and the rain last night reminded me of a tropical storm or hurricane.

Glad to hear you are staying safe. My parents almost flew out to watch the game (Dad's a huge Bulldog fan). Dad wants to head back to Wapati mountain again next year, if so we'll have to swing that way and say hi. I've never seen a place so over ran with rabbits in my life.

I have a small generator if you need to use one!!! Let me know!! Hang in there Weim. Hopefully the Blackhawks can go in tomm. to get some people out up in the canyons.

9.51 inches in 3.5 hours at fort carson....WOW

I certainly hope all the burn scars are clean now. That is a whole bunch of water. Hope you guy's are safe.

It is not going to be good in the morning. North fork of the Big T is above it's 1976 flood level and The Big T is now #2 just behind 1976. Poudre is flooding bad as well. Could be a 500 year event . I don't even want to go see it now. One drainage rose 14 feet in 6 minutes. That makes it tough to get out of the way!

rain

i have received 3"'s of rain the last couple of days on my 1/4 acre ranch. my new aya got here yesterday all water logged and rusty, just kidding, wanted to use it today but duck season isn't on and a dove can't be seen. i'll just sit on the couch and pet it i guess. will go someplace tomorrow and see if it works anyway.

cheers

Separately, the NWS has also issued a flood emergency for the Big Thompson Canyon and the town of Loveland, as rain continued to fall there as well. NOAA reported that the Big Thompson River at Drake is more than 4 feet above its flood stage of 6 feet.

Larimer County officials, including Sheriff Justin Smith, warned residents of the Big Thompson Canyon on Twitter and other social media to seek higher ground and the weather service extended the flash flood warning until 8 a.m

Back