Rain of Biblical Proportions......

UGUIDE

That is how one farmer in Douglas County described the rainfall in recent days. Looks like a cell dumped 8" across river from Mobridge in last day.

I've talked to 2 natives that have never seen this much rainfall in SD in there lives. They said that about crops last fall too.

All I have to say is the extremes are always "EXTREME" in South Dakota.

I watched the funnel cloud pass right over the house, It touched down just north of me by leaf valley MN. It was wicked. It is the same cell that killed the poor folks and trashed Wadena. I feel for them but am at the same time grateful it hopped over me. I thought it was going to pop right on top of me. I followed it to Leaf valley, about 7 miles NE of me and thats the place I saw it come down. It was a busy weather day in MN. We had hail at the house, standard stuff, but 6 miles NW they got tennis ball size destroyers. Bad day for many.

I watched the funnel cloud pass right over the house, It touched down just north of me by leaf valley MN. It was wicked. It is the same cell that killed the poor folks and trashed Wadena. I feel for them but am at the same time grateful it hopped over me. I thought it was going to pop right on top of me. I followed it to Leaf valley, about 7 miles NE of me and thats the place I saw it come down. It was a busy weather day in MN. We had hail at the house, standard stuff, but 6 miles NW they got tennis ball size destroyers. Bad day for many.

FCS, I couldn't believe what I saw on the news. They said that sucker was a half mile wide. Quite the carnage. I can't imagine being out of a home. So many are so fortunate.

Was on the ground an hour afterwards in Wadena--a number of relatives there, at least three that were a minute or less from disaster. Saw whole farmstead damage to the west the next day. Words just aren't adequate to describe it.

It actually wasn't very wide--at least the worst of it wasnt--and a good thing that was. NWS says it was an F4--170-200 mph, which are pretty rare this far north. Explains some of the things I saw, like how a piece of wood half the width of a broom handle could be driven right through house walls.....

We got another 1.88" this past Saturday night. I've lived here for 30+ years and never seen it this wet at this time of the year. Pheasant hunting is going to be extremely difficult this fall.

Wonder if you can hunt pheasants from a boat? :)

Faith SD has been getting pounded with rain and rain, weeks after weeks!

also they are a victim from the blizzard that took out their power for weeks, almost 2 months.

I wouldnt wanna be in Faith right now. its still flooded and thats where all the water coming from thats rising the missouri river.

Back