Questions referring to Games laws.

birdman652001

I will do my best to define laws for most of you guys.. but state to state do differ on their laws. most of animal laws are federal set laws.

i dont want to get any one upset or start an agrument. Ive been doing this line of work for going on 6 years. so i will do my best. I got US Marshal friends, i got GF&P buddies, Federal Tribal LEOs friends.. Police and Sheriff friends, i can relay questions as well of what i know in my laws. I will dust off my Codified Law book and assist as much as I can in Game Laws as much as i can.

this goes for any state. I will do my best to assist you but out of state laws will not be 100% accurate unless you ask me about a federal laws.. which everyone has access to through Google search.

Thanks!

I will do my best to define laws for most of you guys.. but state to state do differ on their laws. most of animal laws are federal set laws.

i dont want to get any one upset or start an agrument. Ive been doing this line of work for going on 6 years. so i will do my best. I got US Marshal friends, i got GF&P buddies, Federal Tribal LEOs friends.. Police and Sheriff friends, i can relay questions as well of what i know in my laws. I will dust off my Codified Law book and assist as much as I can in Game Laws as much as i can.

this goes for any state. I will do my best to assist you but out of state laws will not be 100% accurate unless you ask me about a federal laws.. which everyone has access to through Google search.

Thanks!

Thanks...for your help....

Birdman, I can use some help. There was a way to package a pheasant where you could separate the legs from breast and heads/wings as long as you had all parts together with one identifiable rooster part such as leg with spur or head or wing. I would like to be able to confirm what that option is because it would make preparing and packaging birds for legal transport a little simpler. Any help on this would be great.

I did confrim this with Brent Nye last year but forgot to wrote it down.

Birdman, I can use some help. There was a way to package a pheasant where you could separate the legs from breast and heads/wings as long as you had all parts together with one identifiable rooster part such as leg with spur or head or wing. I would like to be able to confirm what that option is because it would make preparing and packaging birds for legal transport a little simpler. Any help on this would be great.

Transporting Game Birds:

Pheasants and grouse, unless processed at a
wildlife processing facility and accompanied by
the receipt, or at the domicile of the possessor,
shall include at least one of the following
attached: the head, a fully feathered wing, or a
foot.

Persons with a valid license may carry or
transport only THEIR OWN lawfully possessed
game birds as personal baggage. Game birds may
not be transported by unlicensed individuals,
unless accompanied by a valid transportation
permit issued by GFP. If you carry or transport
game without this documentation, the game will be
added to the carrier's possession limit and
penalties will be applied if this puts the carrier over
the legal limit. However, at the conclusion of
hunting, a licensed hunter may transport game
birds, except wild turkey, legally taken by another
person to a South Dakota wildlife processing facility
provided the birds are tagged with the name of the
hunter, the hunter's address, the total number and
species of birds taken, the date such birds were
killed and the signature of the hunter.

Hope this helps!!!

Transporting Game Birds:

Pheasants and grouse, unless processed at a
wildlife processing facility and accompanied by
the receipt, or at the domicile of the possessor,
shall include at least one of the following
attached: the head, a fully feathered wing, or a
foot.

Birdman, that is helpful but the steps I was referring to was undocumented yet approved by local GFP wardens.

It's pretty simple. You need either a fully feathered head, a foot, or a wing attached for each bird. After that, it's ok to separate the halves as long as all the parts add up.

Say you have a dozen roosters. You could leave one foot on all of them, and for each bird lop off the other foot, both wings, the head, AND you can separate the breast from the back half w/foot attached. You just need to make sure you only have 12 breasts to go with those 12 back halves/w/foot.

It's pretty simple. You need either a fully feathered head, a foot, or a wing attached for each bird. After that, it's ok to separate the halves as long as all the parts add up.

Say you have a dozen roosters. You could leave one foot on all of them, and for each bird lop off the other foot, both wings, the head, AND you can separate the breast from the back half w/foot attached. You just need to make sure you only have 12 breasts to go with those 12 back halves/w/foot.

IN thoery then you could even cut the legs off too. One could leave a spur on each to be safe but by your logic you would not have to. Makes it easier to pack, that's for sure. We clip the leg right below the spur rmoving the foot but leaving the spur nub for ID.

Back