Question for Breeders

Munster927

For those of you that have had litters in the past, where do you usually advertise them? I'm planning on my dog having a litter this spring/summer and was just curious how everyone goes about advertising it so you get enough exposure to not end up with leftover pups. Thanks!

For those of you that have had litters in the past, where do you usually advertise them? I'm planning on my dog having a litter this spring/summer and was just curious how everyone goes about advertising it so you get enough exposure to not end up with leftover pups. Thanks!
There are # of online sites that can get you national coverage. Start advertising early - as soon as you know the breeding is a success
Get a deposit - less likely to back out
Flyers in spots such as vet office, feed stores, gun shops, grocery store bulletin boards - any place they will let you put one up
Word of mouth is a good method also
Local gun dog clubs
The studs owner may also point you to some potential buyers
Facebook marketplace,Craig’s list etc
Good luck

My question would be what's the breeding of the sire and dam? Have they had hips, etc. checked and certified? Don't breed unless you are doing it to improve the breed. Too many back yard breeders not breeding for the right reasons.

Thanks for the info guys. And Zeb, yeah both dogs are certified through OFA on hips. Definitely won't be a backyard breeding situation, the Small Munsterlander Club has some fairly rigorous steps to go through before they approve a dog for breeding. Both my female and the male I'm pairing her with come from NAVHDA Versatile Champion bloodlines, with the male being a recent VC winner and some AKC championships too that I'm less familiar with since I'm mostly involved in NAVHDA. Should definitely help their breed getting some pups out of these 2.

I know this isn't what your looking for but...
An underused marketing tool is being a small/occasional breeder that has time to dedicate to the pups. I.E. raised in the house with the family etc. A breeder the spends a ton a time with the pups is crazy valuable to me. Heck the last 2-3 pups I've had have been so easy to house, and crate train that it was enjoyable.

Well hopefully I can sort of provide that with these pups. I work from home so I'll be around them most of the day. And while they won't be running around the house (who needs that madness) they'll be whelped and raised in my finished basement and have free range of my yard when they're old enough to explore. I definitely won't be the average breeder, that's for sure. My last female I never had a litter with her, but decided to let my female have one this to around and I probably won't have another litter for quite some time.

Thanks for the info guys. And Zeb, yeah both dogs are certified through OFA on hips. Definitely won't be a backyard breeding situation, the Small Munsterlander Club has some fairly rigorous steps to go through before they approve a dog for breeding. Both my female and the male I'm pairing her with come from NAVHDA Versatile Champion bloodlines, with the male being a recent VC winner and some AKC championships too that I'm less familiar with since I'm mostly involved in NAVHDA. Should definitely help their breed getting some pups out of these 2.
Geez, I should have known from your handle that you were talking about SM's. Great breed. If I wasn't attached to Brittanys I'd have a SM. BTW, where are you located in Minnesota?

Geez, I should have known from your handle that you were talking about SM's. Great breed. If I wasn't attached to Brittanys I'd have a SM. BTW, where are you located in Minnesota?
No worries Zeb haha I originally thought about getting a Brittany back when I got my first SM about 11 years ago but gravitated to a SM for whatever reason. And I'm in the cities, south of St Paul a bit.

Back