Pudelpointer Pups

Uncle Buck

More pics. Mazzie learned how to open the puppy pen and she lets them out for me in the morning. I'll have to secure the pen or get out there quick as a couple were all the way around the house today.
________
N02 vaporizer

Last edited:
Nice looking batch of pups ! I bet they could make a lot of puddles in a short time when getting out in the house LOL!

Uncle Buck,

I justed posted a reply under your puppy posting as well. Can you tell me more about the breed? My cousin is interested in an upland dog. Are they good waterfowl dogs too? Are they good with kids? How heavy do they shed (relative to a lab)?

Thanks,

Uncle Buck,

I justed posted a reply under your puppy posting as well. Can you tell me more about the breed? My cousin is interested in an upland dog. Are they good waterfowl dogs too? Are they good with kids? How heavy do they shed (relative to a lab)?

Thanks,

ChadBritt,
I have PP I rescued when he was 1 1/2yr old and 50lbs,

First : he gets along great with my Boys 4 and 6yr old has never growled or snapped at them even when the kids are playing around him and accidentally hit him.

Second : he is the long hair version and does not shed, it's like he has hair not fur.

Third : Waterfowling I am starting that stage right now and he is picking up the land and water training very quickly, mind you I am not wanting a Hunt Trial Master champion I just want the dog that retrieves ducks and put them in my hand.

My take on the breed is very positive they are smart and very willing to train and there eager to please plus the natural ability to hunt blew me away. just to let you know I have a Chesapeake for Waterfowling and you how stubborned they can be sometimes. hope this helps. I will post this on the other thread too.

Uncle Buck,

Thanks,

If you're really after a pud. I'll be hunting with Uncle Buck in Nov. I can bring one back to the Kennel in Colorado for you.
Let us know,

Dan
High Tail Setter Gun Dogs
Elizabeth, Co.

pudelpointers

I dont know much about this breed? What is there specialty? r they any good for waterfowl? Have they been OVER BREAD /UNDER REGULATED like the lab breed in this country? they look like nice puppies!

I dont know much about this breed? What is there specialty? r they any good for waterfowl? Have they been OVER BREAD /UNDER REGULATED like the lab breed in this country? they look like nice puppies!

My short short story I rescued a 1.5yr PP from an idiot, so when I got the dog I was interested in the breed and research as much as I could I found that there are not a lot of breeders out there and talking to them they seem pretty responsible people. So the question being over bread or under regulated I would say no. I started working with my dog for duck hunting this year, so far he is doing fine and I have no complaints about him, I only wish I could have got him as a pup, the potential is there for a great duck hunting dog.

Like Pheasant Addict Uncle Buck is the man to talk to he helped me out even though I didn't get the dog from him, he still helped me out by answer a lot of questions good luck.

I have owned them for 22 years and only breed 5 times, 3 in the last three years. I will not breed these two again as that is enough. Two renown breeders bought females from me last year and I have a male from the 2007 litter.They will get bred if hips ok and they reach certain standards. All 3 plus 4 of their litter mates are Prize I NAVHDA Natural Ability tested with an average of 111 out of 112 points. NAVHDA tests for waterwork, the most difficult test being the duck search. Waterfowl yes!
The North American Pudelpointer Alliance has breeding standards that involve NAVHDA testing and hip X-rays. More like underbred and over regulated.
I hunt pheasants prairie grouse and waterfowl in that order. Can they take as much cold as alab or Chessie? Maybe not, but their desire and ability are unquestioned. Easy to train, intelligent and natural retrievers via the
German Pudel influence. I will try to attach current NAVHDA RESULTS. CZECHMATE and PRAIRIE TROUT are kennels I originated. I have turned Prairie Trout over to my son as he breeds more than I do and lives in Idaho.
file was too big so here's another pic
________
Alfredo Ferrari Specifications

Last edited:
If you're really after a pud. I'll be hunting with Uncle Buck in Nov. I can bring one back to the Kennel in Colorado for you.
Let us know,

Dan
High Tail Setter Gun Dogs
Elizabeth, Co.

Thanks for the offer. Sorry I haven't been on the site for a while. I've been so busy. I'll have to talk to my cousin and see how interested he really is. I don't think he wants a pup in the immediate future, but is trying to find a breed to look at more seriously when he does decide to get a dog.

Back