PheasantCountry.com

Dakotazeb

Anyone check back at the old site lately. I did and this is what I found:

Dear PheasantCountry forum user â??
The forums and photo galleries on PheasantCountry.com in recent months were attacked by spam. We installed filters to combat the problem with it unfortunately persists.

Because we know this is as unacceptable to you as it is to us, we have decided to move the PheasantCountry forums to the same software used by ArgusLeader.com. This will require registration, but we will be able to control the spam thoroughly.

We will have more on this switch soon, but for now, know that we are dedicated to making and keeping PheasantCountry.com your best source for hunting information in South Dakota, full with discussion, stories, recipes and more.

I re-registered and let them know how I felt. Told them we were all gone over here and probably not coming back. I know I don't intend to. I feel we have a caring Moderator and friend over here. Hope everyone else agrees and stays here. Let me know.

I'm staying, the grass is greener on this side I tried to register the first time with PC and you are supposed to get an E-mail back well that never happen even when I persistently contacted them with no response :mad: and besides I have to be nice to the Web guy I think I guilt-ed him into buying me a beer at he Pheasant Fest ;)

What's that old saying "A day late and a dollar short."

Don't expect much in the short run. PC.COM has got major issues. It's not about caring it's about resources. PC.COM is part of Argus and Argus is owned by Gannett.

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/11/gannett-ceo-sorry-for-the-layoffs-i-ll-take-a-3-pay-cut

The nice thing about UPH is that it is not publicly traded, is privately held and is the original creator of PC.COM anyway and left there because of the same frustrations (+ more) that the forum boards members are now experiencing.

I stopped my payments to the site until they get the thing cleaned up.

Why would we go back to them when we found a better hunting field! Again I thank the folks that sent me over here instead!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

As usual, I disagree with what the Argus & PC.com says on their front page. They were not "attacked" by spam and they did not "install filters". The problem was simple. SPAM bots hit their board since whoever was moderating the board didn't know what they were doing. The problem SHOULD have been fixed years ago. Now their current problem is with resources. Gannett is going broke because no one buys newpapers and ad $$ are down. I'm not sure if Greg is at the Argus anymore, but Greg always cared about PC.com and was a pretty good guy, but unfortunately the site got unmanageable and it was beyond him at that point.

Well enough of that rant. It's friday and I've got some work to do and then I'm going to crack a cool one. :thumbsup:

i am ultimate pheasant now 100%. nice to meet new folks and keep most folks over here from PC. I believe this a strong site and is well maintained for spam.

I've gone back a couple times and got a "page not found" message or some such nonsense. I've deleted it from my "favorites" list.

Memory Lane

A trip down Memory Lane.

For you guys that know and met us with the old website Pheasantcountry.com, we used to travel to tradeshows till our budget got cut for everything. Some photos to reminisce....

L to R: Tony & Steve. Tony is Pheasants4Ever on the forum board. Maybe he will make a appearance one of these days again. Steve was a account rep at the Argus Leader.

tony-steve.jpg

Here's Ryan & Clint showing out our new product at the 1st Annual Pheasant Fest in Minneapolis. Fred is the guy off to the right. He runs TTT Ranch in North Dakota. I guess his wife is a hell of a cook. Not sure who I'm talking to... shocker, I'm telling someone how cool a website is and they stare at me with a blank expression.
ryan-clint-ttt.jpg

Ryan, Randy and Clint at the first annual pheasnat fest. I still hunt with Clint from time to time. He's out in Tea South Dakota now. Works in Sioux Falls as a Firefighter. Clint took me on me on my first pheasant hunt, deer and elk hunt.
ryan-randy-clint.jpg

For you Old Pheasantcountry.com guys, here's a old photo I dug up from the Denver Sport Show in 2004. Notice the picture of the old PC.com design? Wow, that's old! Not sure if any of you Colorado guys made it there, but I remember meeting 2 PC forum guys there. I wish I could remember their usernames... unfortunately I think the beer has killed a few brain cells for me over the years. Anyway, L to R: Ryan (webguy), Dan & Clint

old-pheasant-country-pic.jpg

Thanks for sharing those photos Webguy, especially the one with Randy "the project" Breuer. :thumbsup:

I checked back on the PC site the other day. It's dead as a door knob!! There was a post by Roosterman and he wanted to have the Argus get the site back to where it was. I posted a message and told him to forget it and come on over here. I don't see him on the member list so either he hasn't made the trip or is using another name.

OK Webguy, you forced me into showing my mug again. I don't why you need to bring the old horribly burned Arrogant Liar days back when we were at pheasantcounty.corn, but you are right-we had a lot of good times and laughs when you, Clint and I at least had a voice on how to run it.

I'll never forget seeing 6'6" Ryan being dwarfed by 7'3" Randy Breuer at the first PheasantFest in '03 in Minneapolis. As I remember it was probably the coldest trade show ever!

I'll never forget 4 of us in one room at the hotel drinking beers and slamming 'za at 3 am when it was like -30 at the time. I hope Ben enjoyed his free weekend!

Good Times Mustafa!

Thanks for sharing those photos Webguy, especially the one with Randy "the project" Breuer. :thumbsup:

JMB, I do the best job I can to show you what's going on in the "pheasant hunting internet world".

Bruce Dickinson: Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all are gonna be wearing gold-plated diapers.
Alan: What does that mean?
Bruce Dickinson: Never question, Bruce Dickinson! Roll it! [ exits back to booth ]

One More Trip Down Memory Lane...

Here is where the Webguy had to fly into to setup Pheasantcountry.com. A $100 cab ride later, here's where I ended up. This where the website actually was (maybe still is) hosted. The Arizona Republic is owned by Gannett and wow... they had some smart people there back in the day. I was living in Sioux Falls South Dakota at the time and they thought I was some hillbilly straight out of deliverance. It was pretty comical.
arizona-republic.jpg

Here I am stumbling down the streets after a hard days work. I just left hooters and couldn't find another bar. The cop on the horse took me back to the Holiday Inn Express (he was real nice to the South Dakota guy).
arizona-arena.jpg

The Final Product in 2003. Wow, that long ago? notice how the forum boards have a big fat 0 on all the posts? Yeah... then you guys showed up. I think Pudelpointer/Uncle Buck lead the charge with the max posts when it was all said and done in 2008.
pheasantcountry.jpg

....but I remember meeting 2 PC forum guys there. I wish I could remember their usernames... unfortunately I think the beer has killed a few brain cells for me over the years. Anyway, L to R: Ryan (webguy), Dan & Clint

A yeah I guess the beer has done a number...the name is UGUIDE? Jeeez, I tell ya I don't get any respect around this joint.

Here's to the memories :cheers:

Yeah UGUIDE, your talking about the first annual pheasant fest. I remember you at the first one. I'm talking about the Colorado guys I met in Denver. There was a few guys at the Denver sport show who Clint and I met. Those are the guys I forgot over the years after I got out of touch with PC.com.

Back