Pheasant Fest

I will probably be out until Sioux Falls (maybe in 2024), I went to Omaha last year. Might consider Des Moines.

I'll be there Thursday night for the film fest, and all day Friday and most of saturday. Ill also be at the life member breakfast on saturday morning.

Do they sell ammo there? I prefer to buy mine in person but forking over 15 bucks to walk around amongst hundreds of people and then not see anything I want in stock doesn't appeal to me.

Do they sell ammo there? I prefer to buy mine in person but forking over 15 bucks to walk around amongst hundreds of people and then not see anything I want in stock doesn't appeal to me.
Well, here are instructions for complimentary tickets:

How to Redeem Tickets:
1. Please go to https://bit.ly/3kscwLs
2. Select up to six (6) tickets for “Single Day General Admission”
3. Scroll down and click “Add to Cart”
4. Click on “Check Out” on the "CART" screen
5. Enter discount code: FEST23 and click “Apply Code”
6. Fill out required information and click “Get Tickets”

$15 bucks seems to be a fair price for a day of entertainment. There will be plenty of stuff you will be interested in....take a chance, it won't get any closer to you I am assuming. If you can get in and not pay a dime (A5s post above), you aren't out much. It isn't so much of a shopping trip to the mall (if the mall was filled with thousands of sportsman) as a chance to see what products are available out there and get to handle some before you purchase, plus a few stages with a wide variety of seminars going on all day.

Check it out!

Thanks for posting Joel, I'm probably gonna be there on Saturday morning/early afternoon. I wouldn't drive out of town for it, but I went the last time it was in Minneapolis. Definitely worth going for me, especially with free tickets.

Thanks for posting Joel, I'm probably gonna be there on Saturday morning/early afternoon. I wouldn't drive out of town for it, but I went the last time it was in Minneapolis. Definitely worth going for me, especially with free tickets.
That's the attitude Bob! A great comment, maybe better to stayed in your head. Not worth leaving town for or spending a dollar for a ticket. With support like that, the possibilities are endless! From avid pheasant hunters, the support (or lack of) for PF and admissions of it, is simply astonishing to me. It is like everyone wants something from them (more birds and places to hunt them), but most are not wanting to give anything to them. Anyone who hunts public ground just isn't getting it, if they are not supporters. It might be the old adage of " You only get out what you put into it". It really kind of surprises me, that almost everyone here isn't a member/supporter of PF. I could understand if you are out there on your land and creating the habitat and are a pro pheasant guy, but do something to help out for an activity I think most of us love. I only hunt private ground and they have helped us get things started a long time ago with manpower and equipment. PF still supplies us with seed for food plots yet. I will continue to support them and their mission of creating habitat. Very little (land acquisitions) happens in my backyard, but they find parcels and turn them into public hunting opportunities where it can work financially...they can't do anything without the financial support of those who care about it. Get to the local banquets and spend some money, that is where the local projects are financed. Contribute to the "Call of the Uplands " campaign, to see your dollars used for nationwide projects, do something! It seems this is an annual soapbox post for me this time of the year. Not singling Bob out, there is plenty of negative or non-supportive attitudes out here, that are quick to show it. Over.

Sheesh guys, its February in MN. $15 is peanuts to get out of the house! Heck I just paid that for a meatball dip, it was delicious but only lasted 10-15 minutes.

Sheesh guys, its February in MN. $15 is peanuts to get out of the house!
Its not really the entry fee that bothers me. Its the fact that I have to invest my time for something I may not find useful.

I will think about it. Crowds really have no appeal to me anymore though.

That's the attitude Bob! A great comment, maybe better to stayed in your head.
Whoa Nelly! I think you should change your screen name to "HairTriggerRemy" because one post you read into way too much and you were definitely triggered🤯. All my post meant is that I'll probably get to go because the event is close and I've got a lot going on in my life right now. The free tickets are a bonus and I found out about them through PF media relations, so it's something they're actively pushing. I have no problem with you posting about wanting other Ultimate Pheasant members to do more for habitat, but start your own thread if that's the case.
Not singling Bob out, there is plenty of negative or non-supportive attitudes out here, that are quick to show it. Over.
I'm a PF member, went to my first banquet last year, and plan to go to another one this spring. I'm in current talks with a PF biologist to help plan food plots on some private land owned by relatives of mine that are outdoors people. Is this your definition of a negative and non-supportive attitude? Your rush to judgement is habitual.

Excuse me Bob, you are quite a conservationist after all. Keep up the great efforts. Maybe I need a bit more going on in my life presently to keep my attention occupied elsewhere....spring will change this.

Whoa Nelly! I think you should change your screen name to "HairTriggerRemy" because one post you read into way too much and you were definitely triggered🤯. All my post meant is that I'll probably get to go because the event is close and I've got a lot going on in my life right now. The free tickets are a bonus and I found out about them through PF media relations, so it's something they're actively pushing. I have no problem with you posting about wanting other Ultimate Pheasant members to do more for habitat, but start your own thread if that's the case.

I'm a PF member, went to my first banquet last year, and plan to go to another one this spring. I'm in current talks with a PF biologist to help plan food plots on some private land owned by relatives of mine that are outdoors people. Is this your definition of a negative and non-supportive attitude? Your rush to judgement is habitual.
This is a good reply. I believe Remy had a good reply to Bob's earlier post he just didn't have all the facts. Carry on.

If anyone goes and gets a chance to meet Quigley the Bracco Italiano , say hi to his owners Steve and Robin Hanson. Great people , big supporters of navhda , wildlife and Braccos !

I'm looking forward to this. I will be there Friday and maybe come back again on Sunday. I heard it is going to be a few years before it is back in Minneapolis and they are thinking of moving the dates so it doesn't conflict with bird hunting seasons in the south.

Back