Peyton Manning as a Hated Denver Bronco

carptom1

Manning to be released today. There is a bunch of talk here about Manning coming to the Chiefs. That would definately stir some stuff up. If we get all the starters back we lost last year, we could make a run if he is healthy. AFC west is pretty weak right now. Other teams are Arizona, Miami, and Jets. I think this is as good of a shot as any. I know we have plenty of money, tight ass owner is way under cap.

Last edited:
There supposedly is a video of his workout at Duke university last month. It was said he threw the ball great. Nobody is going to talk about it because of the NFL tampering rules. The media asked our coach Romeo about getting Manning a couple of weeks ago, and all he said was " I would be crazy not to look at him", and they are investigating him for tampering. They are really serious about this. But as of 12pm he is no longer a Colt. Let the bidding begin!

Why not the Vikes?

Good question. I would think that a midwestern city that had a chance to go to playoffs would be his choice. I think cheifs would have an advantage over Minnesota simply because of the Packers beeing stronger than any team in the AFC west. I can't see him going to the Jets because of New England. I would think he would go where he had the easiest path to the playoffs, where we all know anything could happen.

I fear for my wife's sanity should he become a Chief. She dislikes him so and loves the Chiefs so much, what would she do?

Well the chiefs may have the worst quaterback crew in the NFL. If we don't get Peyton we definately need to find someone else. Romeo recognizes this and has told Cassel to be prepared for competition.

I fear for my wife's sanity should he become a Chief. She dislikes him so and loves the Chiefs so much, what would she do?

I am not a huge fan of the Manning's. But let me tell you I would probably make a deal with the devil if we could get a super bowl win.

I think the chief's have a good QB. Does any one know if he can in fact play 100%? if he can I can't understand why they would do this.

Cassel is fair at best as QB. He has happy feet, does not make good reads, and is not very accurate. He will never take us to the SB. I would take Manning at 75% of his prime all day long over Cassel. One of the main reason's Chiefs would do it is to sell tickets. When Marty was here, place was sold out 80k plus every week. Tickets were hard to come by. Now we are threatened with a blackout several times a season. We sucked at " Suck for Luck", maybe it will work out anyway.

Well the chiefs may have the worst quaterback crew in the NFL. If we don't get Peyton we definately need to find someone else. Romeo recognizes this and has told Cassel to be prepared for competition.

I agree. There are not many QB's I would take Cassel ahead of.

KC would be a good fit for Manning. But I'm thinking Miami where he's going to end up:(What about that stud QB from Green Bay:) No not FarvieO, Flynn:D

I'd say that Manning is likely bound for Miami. 2nd choice would be KC.
No way would Manning consider the Vikes. Poor offensive line for one thing. Recievers except for Percy is another. Huge problem would be playing DEC and JAN at TCF Stadium.:eek::confused::eek:

I hope the Texans get him. I wish we would have signed Mario too instead of Arian (assuming we could only sign one). If the Texans get him (best choice for Manning personally I believe, good defense, good running game, good receivers) then we are a super bowl favorite.

Cassel is fair at best as QB. He has happy feet, does not make good reads, and is not very accurate. He will never take us to the SB. I would take Manning at 75% of his prime all day long over Cassel. One of the main reason's Chiefs would do it is to sell tickets. When Marty was here, place was sold out 80k plus every week. Tickets were hard to come by. Now we are threatened with a blackout several times a season. We sucked at " Suck for Luck", maybe it will work out anyway.

Cassel isn't even the best qb in KC. Orton is.

Thats wierd, wasn't he the guy that lit it up in New England? Almost won out Brady's job? I thought that was him. Seems some of these guys just end up bad fits for different systems. He might do great in that style of offence again.

Thats wierd, wasn't he the guy that lit it up in New England? Almost won out Brady's job? I thought that was him. Seems some of these guys just end up bad fits for different systems. He might do great in that style of offence again.

He never about won out Brady's job. Any quarterback could look good in New England and their system. And one good game doesn't constitute a good quarterback. He fails to make plays consistently, can't throw the ball long downfield, fumbles when he gets hit or pressured, and fails to create plays. I don't know if he could start for any other team in the league. Unless KC solves the qb problem, they will fail to make the playoffs again. We have no big name players. Some of our players look good but only because we play in the weakest division in football. I don't think our problem is coaching as much as it is the from office and the failure to acquire players because we won't spend the money.

Back