Pen Raised Birds

I am thinking about supplementing birds the first weekend on at least part of my ground. (I had more moisture than most but bad hail). Do bird raisers ship adult birds? Any names anyone uses that might ship or would be in W kan or in Salina area as I'm coming through?

Thanks

I'm also looking to buy some birds in the next few weeks, but preferably will call in SE Kansas. Quail, Chukar, or Pheasant - it doesn't really matter. Anyone have any recommendations? I'd rather post here than start a new thread.

There's a breeder in Garnett, name of the operation is Glenlock Game Birds. He has pheasant abs quail.

if your going to ship adults, best game farms are Oleson's Flyway farm in South Dakota, or MacFarlane in Wisconsin, both are pro's with tons of experience shipping and or delivering birds. Strong flyers with great color and tails. Raised right. Both have very informative web sites.

I am thinking about supplementing birds the first weekend on at least part of my ground. (I had more moisture than most but bad hail). Do bird raisers ship adult birds? Any names anyone uses that might ship or would be in W kan or in Salina area as I'm coming through?

Thanks

what will you pay for 50 quail which hatched from eggs in June

I'm also looking to buy some birds in the next few weeks, but preferably will call in SE Kansas. Quail, Chukar, or Pheasant - it doesn't really matter. Anyone have any recommendations? I'd rather post here than start a new thread.

I got a guy that can get you plenty of quail for $4.50 per bird east of Iola 15 mins.

A buddy of mine and I are buying some pheasants and chukars from a guy around Pretty Prarie to get our young dogs on some birds before season starts. Prices seem right. We are picking them up. Not sure if he ships. I can get more info if anyone wants.

Medic53,

Were are you located at? Also are you talking about Ringneck Haven? If so that is a great choice have bought birds from them in the past and they are great people.

Terry

Thanks for the info southernblues and labaholic. I'll have to look into that, as I won't be very far away from either. :thumbsup:

Back