Peach

This is the newest edition to our clan. My youngest daughter named her peach. My oldest one is holding her in the pic. Pretty little Setter.

My oldest is 12 and she hunts already. Got her first deer at age 9, first turkey at age 10, and killed her first Pheasant at Bilby this year during the youth season. Missed the first one. Got the second. Killed 2 quail also. I think she shot 8 times to get three birds. Not bad. She likes getting involved in the training too.

Pheasants were hard to come by last season at Bilby. Quite an accomplishment to get one. That first rooster is memorable. I remember my first pheasant like it was yesterday. It involved a long retrieve.

Back in the 80s, 800 to 900 roosters were taken on Bilby. Probably around a 100 last year.

That's a shame. We saw probably 12-15. Half were roosters. But it was youth season. Only saw 2 other trucks at the whole place. Kinda nice getting into a place before every tom, dick, and harry sandpaper over it everyday for 75 days. 2 coveys of quail. We started at 8 and quit about 11am. If I had a gun I could have gotten my limit that day on pheasants. Wouldnt have taken 8 quail form 2 coveys but pheasants were there.

Last edited:
Got her from a guy here in Missouri about and hour away from me. Out of Brannigans last straw and Hytest pedigrees.

All the world loves a puppy. Congratulations.
Tom

Back