Party hunting pheasants in Iowa?

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why shooting a hen pheasant is so much more harmful to the pheasant population than shooting females of all other legal winged game species populations.

Guess I'll be waiting a real long time.
I can't comment on other upland bird species other than grouse. I have never hunted any species of quail.

I agree with many of your previous posts on this subject. 1) Habitat, which is somewhat controllable. But we cannot completely control the amount or type of habitat, and let's face it the problem is slowly just getting worse. 2) Weather, obviously an even bigger variable. 3) Bag limits, which brings the hen into play. Compared to the first 2 variables, we can completely control this one, so let's do it. 4) Predators, there are natural ones and invasive ones. Let's keep the invasive ones out (feral cats).

I've only been pheasant hunting for 24 years so a rooster is all I've ever been legally able to shoot. Even if they allowed the harvest of a wild hen, I don't think I would shoot one.

Carp somebody probably should of back then🤣
I remember when we use to pull that biker dudes chain in sd , man you use to get him worked up.
Sometimes I wonder if he mellowed out moved to Montana and still listens to buffet. Probably hunts with his cousin now.
Yea you have met me I am a pretty easygoing for the most part, I think old Shadow might have been in for a surprise when I walked out.

Back