Packin' in South Dakota

ranchodeluxe

Thought some of you might like to see the list of states having some form of reciprosity agreement regarding concealed carry.I just renewed so I have it handy.

Reciprocity has been established with the following states:

Alabama
Alaska*
Arizona

Arkansas
Colorado*
Florida (including non-resident permits)*
Georgia*
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky*
Louisiana

Maine
Michigan*
Mississippi
Missouri

Montana
North Carolina*
North Dakota (including non-resident permits)
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Tennessee (including non-resident permits)*
Texas
Utah (including non-resident permits)*
Virginia *

West Virginia*
Wyoming*

*Only SD permits issued to those who are 21 years of age or older are recognized.

No permit required to carry openly,just not in the bar or the courthouse.

I'm confused, please explain. You are from SD and I am from GA. I am licensed in GA for CC and am old. Does you post mean I can carry concealed in SD, but you would have to be over 21 and licensed to carry by SD, in order to carry concealed in GA?

Recent Minnesota Info

Attached is the latest Minnesota info received when renewing my permit. MN recognizes SD, but not the reverse? Also renewed NH. permit.

Who carries their scattergun concealed...when hunting gamebirds? :confused:

If you carry it concealed while road hunting the roosters will stick thier heads up trying to figure out if you are hunting or not, if they can't see your scttergun then they relax and become easy marks. :D:D:D

I have my CC permit here in WI. For years, it's been legal to openly carry. I've never been tempted to, though. I can imagine the reaction I'd get for carrying openly in downtown Wausau! Would probably attract a lot of attention from our local law enforcement.

Last spring a couple buddies were coming through town on their way turkey hunting and had to stop at Gander Mountain to have a gun checked out. Since we no longer have to case our guns in the vehicles, they didn't have a case on the shotgun when bringing it into the store. The store staff had a fit. I argued that it's a gun shop after all, but they wouldn't allow him into the store unless the gun is cased.

Have any of you guys ever carried openly? If so, what kind of reaction did you receive?

Done both...

I've carried openly while hunting in the middle of nowhere where the only people I was likely to run into were other hunters, drunk groups of trail-riders, or undocumented workers.

Around the the general public I carried concealed.

Attached is the latest Minnesota info received when renewing my permit. MN recognizes SD, but not the reverse? Also renewed NH. permit.
I think you have it backwards. Minnesota does not honor SD unless very recent change. They do not like the fact that there is no training (addl $) required.

Used to have-to carry open when I lived in AZ.On balance,still better to be armed,but what a hassle.Too many tough guys think they wanna try you.In rural SD quite a few ranchers carry openly.I do in the field,otherwise out of sight,out of mind.

Knock on wood but in all my years here on earth I have yet to ever feel the need to be armed while out and about and especially while hunting.

Don't get me wrong I think concealed carry is great and open carry even better. But, I'm really not concerned about be armed with anything other than a scattergun while hunting.

I have my CC permit here in WI. For years, it's been legal to openly carry. I've never been tempted to, though. I can imagine the reaction I'd get for carrying openly in downtown Wausau! Would probably attract a lot of attention from our local law enforcement.

Last spring a couple buddies were coming through town on their way turkey hunting and had to stop at Gander Mountain to have a gun checked out. Since we no longer have to case our guns in the vehicles, they didn't have a case on the shotgun when bringing it into the store. The store staff had a fit. I argued that it's a gun shop after all, but they wouldn't allow him into the store unless the gun is cased.

Have any of you guys ever carried openly? If so, what kind of reaction did you receive?

Made me think of this story

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/101340644.html

Back