Opener 2022

gjw

Hey all, well today was the Opener. For me it translated into one word....Sucked! I saw a total of 4 birds that got up wild and that was it. None of the old reliable spots held any birds (today that is). But, didn't go home empty handed. Did manage a limit of grouse. It's been an exceptional year for grouse. G&F Dept said grouse are down and pheasants up. Guess time will tell on the pheasant end, but not today!

So..........how did everyone fair today?

Anyway, I used my 12b Purdey today

CYYM0dw.jpg

Will see what tomorrow brings!

Greg

15 days hunting in ND…lots of grouse, good hun #’s, saw LOTS of pheasants…not there to hunt them. Buddies were done in 20 minutes today…🍺

Last edited:
Hey all, well today was the Opener. For me it translated into one word....Sucked! I saw a total of 4 birds that got up wild and that was it. None of the old reliable spots held any birds (today that is). But, didn't go home empty handed. Did manage a limit of grouse. It's been an exceptional year for grouse. G&F Dept said grouse are down and pheasants up. Guess time will tell on the pheasant end, but not today!

So..........how did everyone fair today?

Anyway, I used my 12b Purdey today

CYYM0dw.jpg

Will see what tomorrow brings!

Greg
You have me on edge, packing now. Wish you better luck in the coming days, will be down there at the end of the month.

Back