O/U's to die for

I got my dream o/u this summer, a Caesar Guerini Magnus. It was a pleasure to shoot and carry this fall. I'll start saving or win the lotto for my dream sxs. A Kimber Valier or AYA#2.

I got my dream o/u this summer, a Caesar Guerini Magnus. It was a pleasure to shoot and carry this fall. I'll start saving or win the lotto for my dream sxs. A Kimber Valier or AYA#2.
I like those too, they and the Cortona is made by the same family. They are the only ones that fit me. I got a cortona grande sport. love it. I would like to check fit on kimber but no one has them and I won,t shell out with out pulling it up first.

FCS, Cabelas in Mitchell had the Valier a year ago, They still might have some. I'm the same way and it shouldered pretty nice.

Not in the class of the above mentioned guns but for a blue collar guy like me: I have some wants but got a great used deal at local gun shop, a little old lady consigned it and demanded they stick with her asking price after they told her she could get a little more for it, it is a Savage 440B O/U, single selective trigger, circa 1968-72, for the price of $325 :D

I had to laugh when I clicked through to that site, and when I saw just how many people had "viewed" that auction; I wondered how many were like me and simply linked-into-it from a forum?

The reason for 'wondering' is of course, I dont know 'bout you; but I barely made what they're asking for that first gun last year:eek:?

...Me wonders whether auction dudes know this and/or those actually able to purchase ever look at that statistic at the bottom; and whether it determines whether they feel the need to to say 'yeah, or 'neah', up or down in price?

:D

I guess I would have to be in another tax bracket to afford those guns. I saved and saved to purchase a Beretta 686 silver pigeon 20-28 combo 2 barrel set. Funny I can not hit anything with the 20. Switch out the barrels and hit everything with the 28.

Yes it is. Easiest pointing gun in my safe. I had picked up a 28 first. Then the 16 and the whole effect was there. Balance swing fit. Had to have it. The 28 would have been fine, but a little too fast. I am beginning to think the 16 is the perfect upland guage with the appropriate chokes. IC and modified.
An Arrietta, Grulla or Arizabagala will get you to the same place.
________
Buy vapor tower

Last edited:

I have one similar and I love it although I have a 20 bore.

100_1160.jpg

You should have bought the second three gun set. It was no reserve, and ended with no bids. $1 would have bought it.

with a 120.00 shipping rate. lol. 121.00 for three guns. now thats a deal.

whats with the starting bid on the right where it says $6,500.00? would that be the starting bid of the set?

You should have bought the second three gun set. It was no reserve, and ended with no bids. $1 would have bought it.

Look closer the bidding starts at 6500. than no reserve. Looked closer the bores on the 20, 28 are to short for me with that light of a gun a 26 on the 12 I could live with, but no on the smaller guns to whippy. My 20 has 30" tubes and although at first I was worried that was to long it is just perfect because the gun is so light it balances much better, I wouldn't want a 26" on the 20" gauge to whippy.

Last edited:
Look closer the bidding starts at 6500. than no reserve. Looked closer the bores on the 20, 28 are to short for me with that light of a gun a 26 on the 12 I could live with, but no on the smaller guns to whippy. My 20 has 30" bores and although at first I was worried that was to long it is just perfect because the gun is so light it balances much better, I wouldn't want a 26" on the 20" gauge to whippy.

Ahhh, you're correct. I missed the $6500.

A 20 bored 30"? Now THAT'S an overbore!

Back