Nutrisource adult vs large breed adult

Hoster05

Can someone explain to me the difference between nutrisource adult food vs large breed adult food? My lab is almost two years old and 55 pounds. We have been feeding her the adult dog food since coming off puppy food and she has done just fine with it. Looking at the ingredients in each i wasn't seeing a difference. If my pup was a bigger bodied lab i would consider the large breed adult but she just isn't that big of a dog.

I fed NutriSource Adult for 8 years to my previous Brittany. Always thought it was a premium dog food. They claim that the Large Breed formula is formulated for the larger breeds and has larger kibbles. While the ingredients are about the same in each formula the regular Adult has 26% protein and 16% fat and the Large Breed has 23% protein and 14% fat. Your 55 lb. female lab will do just fine on the regular Adult formula.

Can someone explain to me the difference between nutrisource adult food vs large breed adult food? My lab is almost two years old and 55 pounds. We have been feeding her the adult dog food since coming off puppy food and she has done just fine with it. Looking at the ingredients in each i wasn't seeing a difference. If my pup was a bigger bodied lab i would consider the large breed adult but she just isn't that big of a dog.

Kibble size is the only difference.

Also protein and fat content.

Nope protein/fat etc are all the same. Calories per cup are slightly higher (with adult) since the smaller kibble "nests" tighter. Adult and Large Breed Adult are exactly the same other than kibble size. This is for the blue bag (chicken /rice (most popular)).
I use the adult since the smaller kibble fits more into the same size container (less air space).

Nope protein/fat etc are all the same. Calories per cup are slightly higher (with adult) since the smaller kibble "nests" tighter. Adult and Large Breed Adult are exactly the same other than kibble size. This is for the blue bag (chicken /rice (most popular)).
I use the adult since the smaller kibble fits more into the same size container (less air space).

Gatsby, it's not big deal but please check the NutrSource web site. The Adult formula chicken & rice (blue bag) is 26% protein and 16% fat. The Adult Large Breed chicken & rice (blue bag) is 24% protein and 14% fat.

Gatsby, it's not big deal but please check the NutrSource web site. The Adult formula chicken & rice (blue bag) is 26% protein and 16% fat. The Adult Large Breed chicken & rice (blue bag) is 24% protein and 14% fat.

I stand corrected. It has been a few years since I switched, not sure if my memory is bad or they changed it!

Back