Northern California

Hey all, been reading for 6 monthes or so. Time to join. Love to go after upland birds. Up until last season, had not hunted for approx. 10 years, before that, my entire 30 years. Owned GSP's my whole liofe and when I thought my son was ready for dogs, I bought 2 pups that were 5 monthes old. Skipped the first season as I bought them in November. Lost one approx 3 monthes after we bought them. "Manny" had a great first season, and we are gearing up for a second. REGRETS.... missing all those years. Now I'm Back.

Welcome back to our wonderful sport. Nice to hear you enjoying the ownership of some GSP'S. That is the right way to fly. I am a Brittany owner, but a good dog is worth the trouble, no matter what the breed.......Bob

Welcome from a fellow Californian. I am in cen cal just north of fresno but I spend a few weeks up north in richvale each chasing roosters with my springers.

Nice to meet you in cyberspace, QH. Approx 25 years ago we belonged to the Richvale Hunting area. How is it for wild birds??

Nice to meet you too sir. Sad to say but I missed out on the "good ol' days" of pheasant hunting in California so I'm positive the native population is not what it was 25 years ago in Richvale. That being said last thanksgiving morning my brother and I and our 2 springers bagged 3 wild birds and one planter in a little over a hour and made the 4 1/2 trip back home to catch dinner, woke up at 2:30 the next morning and made the journey back.:cheers:

Last edited:
Welcome to UPH sir, but most importantly welcome back to upland hunting!

Although I hunt lots of different game, I find that upland hunters are more passionate about the sport than any other breed. No real "trophies" to be had, just time in the field with a a few good stories, and good friends (even if you only take your four-legged friends). :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome. I mostly hunt solo, with my GSP Manny. I plan on doing some cast and blast trips this fall on the Klamath River. Combo Steelhead/Quail trips. In years past I have seen lots of Quail up there while fishing.

Howdy from Texas and welcome to UPH! Cast and Blast...sounds fun!

Back