Northeast Kansas Flooding

onealmck

I talked to a friend with the local electric coop. There is significant flooding in northern Jefferson county including large areas of the Perry Wildlife area. This is an area that was showing promise for a pheasant recovery. I'm going to check it out tomorrow after my sons ball game. I was up in Marshall and Nemaha counties Thursday and things didn't look good. Lots and lots of water. Any reports?

I flew over that area on the way back in to Manhattan yesterday, there was a lot of flooding in the drainage going into Perry from what I could see.

Storms just seem to keep going over the same area night after night! I feel for you up there, but still like green over the brown of 11-13. Keep your head up, literally! Might want to park the canoe on the porch for a midnight escape!

I heard the skeeters were carrying off young children!!

Ironically, the skeeters were always much worse in western Kansas than they ever were in the southeastern part. Never could figure that out since it was always so dry out west. Now the chiggers and deer flies are a different story.

Perry is way high as are most reservoirs in this part of the state. I just wonder about crops.....

I'll take this over the dry any day though. At least if we DON"T get much rain for the majority of the summer we may still have enough ground moisture to carry us through.

My pond is finally filled back up after being so low for almost 5 years. Should be whack and stack on the geese this year at it. Can't wait.

Perry is way high as are most reservoirs in this part of the state. I just wonder about crops.....

I'll take this over the dry any day though. At least if we DON"T get much rain for the majority of the summer we may still have enough ground moisture to carry us through.

My pond is finally filled back up after being so low for almost 5 years. Should be whack and stack on the geese this year at it. Can't wait.

I was in VF a week or so ago and the are ponds all full:). The Delware runs behind my place but could get back to my farm due to muddy roads.:mad: I did hear a lot of Quail and a few Rooster :thumbsup:

Another 5 inches the last 48 hrs and heavy rain forecasted for tomorrow. It is so wet the grass in my yard is dying. Garden is toast. Sweet corn all fell over due to drenched soil. Potatoes are rotted. I don't know how they will ever harvest any wheat that isn't flooded. Just a big disaster down here.

Back