Nissan Frontier??

Not yet. I've test driven a few trucks and I'm thinking I need a Ford now. I've never been a Ford fan but the new ones sure look good and they ride even better. The real problem is that I don't want to take on the kind of payments necessary to drive the kind of truck I want to drive. Give me a month or so and I'll come back with some pictures. Someone will find the truck I want for a price I'm comfortable with. I'd better hurry......bird season is just around the corner:cheers:

Not yet. I've test driven a few trucks and I'm thinking I need a Ford now. I've never been a Ford fan but the new ones sure look good and they ride even better. The real problem is that I don't want to take on the kind of payments necessary to drive the kind of truck I want to drive. Give me a month or so and I'll come back with some pictures. Someone will find the truck I want for a price I'm comfortable with. I'd better hurry......bird season is just around the corner:cheers:
Can't fault you for that, that's for sure, I mean the payments not the Ford part, LOL, I'm sure that you will find your vehicle. Good Luck. Where abouts and what day are you wanting to hunt over Labor Day? Let me know.

Gents,

I found my truck and brought it home last night. I'll post pics when I get time. Headed to Concordia after work tonight to hunt Sunday and maybe Monday morning, depending on how many birds are left out there. I drove to Lincoln, KS last night and saw quite a few doves so I think we'll do alright.

Lee,

I'll send a private message w/ my buddy's cell #. Call us if you can make it out.

Pics of the new ride

Here she is! It is possible to see this truck lurking anywhere in the great state of KS. Keep in mind it may be a bit muddy and is likely to have feathers all over it......possibly even a rooster head sticking out of the hood to guide the way!!

Here she is! It is possible to see this truck lurking anywhere in the great state of KS. Keep in mind it may be a bit muddy and is likely to have feathers all over it......possibly even a rooster head sticking out of the hood to guide the way!!

thats a good lookin truck. i think you'll be very happy with it. that good you bought a ford. they never took any bail out money. hopefully we can still get together and shoot some roosters.

Thanks guys! I am very excited about it. I've never had a nice vehicle or a 4-wheel drive truck before. Can't wait to put it to good use. It is just sitting in the garage waiting for bird season. I've already broke it in with a couple piles of doves. I hope it enjoys being covered in feathers!

Kiotehntr (or anyone else that knows),

It is a 4X4 instead of an FX4, does that mean that it won't work as well in the mud? I believe it has a limited slip differential and I know the gearing is different. It probably doesn't have a skid plate, but I know the tires have been upgraded. Wouldn't the differential be the same in the FX4's and 4X4's?

Ford being different

It is just a trim package if I remember correctly, if it was a Fx4 Level II it would be a whole different ball game. I believe that the Fx4's came with skidplates and fog lights and I'm not sure what else. You should have the LSD in the rearend but the transfer case should be the same I believe, not sure. It's a nice looking truck KB, congrats. I truthfully think that you did the right thing by going full size instead of midsize. Now you just need some bolt-ons to help her breath and run better, let the modding begin....:D

Mods that you can bolt on like a cold air intake, pretty much anything that doesn't take a shop to do for you.

truck

I just bought a new truck ( toyota tacoma) after read all the info it seems to me that you either pay alittle more now 4 the toyota or alot later for other cheaper trucks?? Though the frontier was rated very close to the tacoma.

I decided I didn't want to be seen in a foreign truck when asking farmers for permission;) No really, the Ford looks way better and I wanted more room! Might as well support the one American truck manufacturer that doesn't need me to pay its bills:cool:

frontier

I would love to by a truck made in the usa and will again, when the big 3 deside to make one that will run over $ 100000 w/o $10000 worth of repairs 2 it! Is anything really made here from the ground up? It seems to me the auto ppl care more about how something looks instead of how it runs or if it will last???

kansa

Do you hunt chickens down by you at all? If you do i would love to exchange info w/u or maybe get togather to hunt at some point?

I would love to by a truck made in the usa and will again, when the big 3 deside to make one that will run over $ 100000 w/o $10000 worth of repairs 2 it! Is anything really made here from the ground up? It seems to me the auto ppl care more about how something looks instead of how it runs or if it will last???

I felt the same way when I started shopping for a truck. I've had too many bad experiences w/ American vehicles breaking down. However, if taken care of properly, the Fords seem to hold up pretty well. I sure hope mine does. I probably would've bought a Toyota Tundra, but they haven't been making them for long and I'm afraid trucks just aren't their specialty. I'm sure your Tacoma will run for a very long time though!

Do you hunt chickens down by you at all? If you do i would love to exchange info w/u or maybe get togather to hunt at some point?

I do hunt chickens (greaters only, never shot a lesser). I'd be happy to share some info with you. I've hunted them every year in Ks since I was a child.

trucks

My brother inlaw is on his fourth toyota he drives 45k a yr keeps them for 4yr and gets new ones. All he does is put in gas,change oil,tires,general maintonence stuff and has had NO problems at all. My dodge ram had 128k on it and needing its 3rd trany (first one went at 17k) I took care of this truck but damn i want to put my $$ into hunting trips not a darn truck!

kansasbrittney,

Ford & Toyota... i love them both (trucks and cars). I've owned 3 f-150's and I loved them to death. 01, 03 & 06.

I'm 6'6" and I WILL NEVER buy a ford truck with a console ever again. I will not own a truck if it has a console. My knee jack's the console and your gun will now have to go under your gas pedel or on the driverside door. think about it... it's not a good idea. Bench seats is the only way to go.

I really miss my 03 ford with bench seats when I lived in South Dakota. 2003 Photos attached:
2003-fishing.jpg

Photo: fishing in Platte, SD slamming some walleyes in the Fish Hawk

2003-ford-fishing.jpg

Photo: Ice Fishing near Sioux Falls at the honey hole... hard to get to though.

As far as Toyota Tundra: You won't regret that choice either. In my opinion, F-150 or Tundra, both good choices

American vs. Foreign: I've hunted with a SD farmer with a ton of acres that drove a full size Nissan truck. So... foreign or american... it's a global economy. Is there really an American beer anymore? BUD is not 100% American. Miller is not 100% American. Coors is not 100% American. Globalization, the fed, and capital hill are the true crooks. Fiscally & globally our country is an embarrasment because of capital hill and D.C. These jackasses are PURPOSELY devaluing the dollar for global and economic reasons. So think about that the next time you go and buy shells or buy your truck. Our purchasing power and dollars are getting ruined because of these idiots.

I have a Ford F-250 HD. My truck was built in Mexico!

Walt MI/USA

Exactly my point!

I do my part and I WILL NOT hire off-shore computer programmers and developers. Jobs need to stay in the country. We need to create and build things in the US!

Back