Nissan Frontier??

I need help guys. I want to buy a new truck real bad to take advantage of the taxpayer's money give-away that our administration is offering. Can anyone tell me about their experiences (or someone they know) with Nissan Fronteirs? I wanted a Toyota, but the local Toyota dealerships aren't participating in the cash-for-clunkers program. Nissans run really well based on my experience, but how do the mid-sized 4X4's work compared to a Toyota?

All input is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

I need help guys. I want to buy a new truck real bad to take advantage of the taxpayer's money give-away that our administration is offering. Can anyone tell me about their experiences (or someone they know) with Nissan Fronteirs? I wanted a Toyota, but the local Toyota dealerships aren't participating in the cash-for-clunkers program. Nissans run really well based on my experience, but how do the mid-sized 4X4's work compared to a Toyota?

All input is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
If I hadn't gotten such a great deal on my Dodge, I'd be driving a Tundra instead. If I was you I'd shop around in the KC area and find a dealer that will help you. Buy from the Ks side and you're good to go. I thought about a mid size also but with the family I needed more room. I also pull a 19' Fish and Ski boat and needed the extra towing capacity so I went full size.

Better hurry, they just said the program will end on Monday. I'd buy a Chevy Avalanche, I have two of them. I took one of them out a couple times last year and it was SWEEEEEET. It felt like I had an unfair advantage getting right up to the piece of ground I wanted to hunt. Good luck. (I like the Nissan too though.)

Thanks a bunch guys! I'm just not ready for the payments on a full-size truck though I'd love to have one. Do you think Nissans have the same mudding capabilities? Not that I plan to go mudding for entertainment, I'm just tired of being denied the hunting spots I want because I own a 2-wheel drive vehicle. The family is still young and fits well in a mid-size truck.

Thanks again gents......Bird season is just around the corner:thumbsup:

I think you would be fine with a Nissan. That is a very nice looking vehicle but HURRY, the clunkers program will end on Monday. I think you and your pups (and little cousin) would look nice driving down the road.

i got a 06 ford ranger fx4 and let me tell you, it awesome. besides it rides a litte rough then the other mid size trucks. its got alot of power. the super cabs all four doors open. in my mind its the best mid size out there. they are proven to last forever. took mine out hunting all last year to ks. and north dakota during a blizzard and never skiped a beat. never been stuck in snow. just a awesome truck:thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch guys! I'm just not ready for the payments on a full-size truck though I'd love to have one. Do you think Nissans have the same mudding capabilities? Not that I plan to go mudding for entertainment, I'm just tired of being denied the hunting spots I want because I own a 2-wheel drive vehicle. The family is still young and fits well in a mid-size truck.

Thanks again gents......Bird season is just around the corner:thumbsup:
If you are worried about getting through the mud make sure you get locking differentials or limited slip differentials, have the right gear ratio and slap a good set of tires on and you should be good to go. Besides, I've got a real nice tow rope, so don't worry I'll snatch you out of the ditch....LOL Seriously though, think about how long you are going to want to keep the vehicle, think how fast the family is going to grow and then base your decision on that. And yes the season is just around the corner...:cheers:

update

Alright, I've taken Lee's advice and I'm thinking I'd better get a full-size truck. The kids are growing fast! I'm heading to KC tomorrow to look at a Tundra with 16,000 miles on it for $22,000. That will make the payments a little higher than I'd like, but I need a 4X4 before hunting season.

I think that you are making a smart move personally. And go figure, you would come to town on my wedding anniversary. What time you in town cause I might be able to sneak out for a beer before the wife has me locked down...I'll send you a PM with my new cell #

I've heard pretty good things about them. Just remember you should have the upper hand in the deal with the market being how it is. I'd make them throw in a free Line-x bed liner if it was me. Good Luck

My experience has always been that you may as well go full size for the price difference and resale. The mid size often do not save much gas, are too small for a small price diff.. Good choice.
________
Volcano Digital Vaporizer

Last edited:
I got held up longer than I'd expected at my son's birthday party. Looks like I'll be making a special trip to KC Tuesday evening. It isn't easy shopping for vehicles while you're working 7 days a week. Maybe I should start up a car lot that delivers vehicles to over-worked Americans?

I'll be getting one eventually and I'll be posting pics. Thanks again for everyone's input. Full-size is the way to go all things considered.

I have 2 days off that I can't roll over to next year. Do you want to do a dove hunt on Labor Day weekend if I can get away?

I got held up longer than I'd expected at my son's birthday party. Looks like I'll be making a special trip to KC Tuesday evening. It isn't easy shopping for vehicles while you're working 7 days a week. Maybe I should start up a car lot that delivers vehicles to over-worked Americans?

I'll be getting one eventually and I'll be posting pics. Thanks again for everyone's input. Full-size is the way to go all things considered.

I have 2 days off that I can't roll over to next year. Do you want to do a dove hunt on Labor Day weekend if I can get away?
It sounds great if i can get away myself. I'll check with the wife and see what lovely plans she has for me but I told her that I was wanting to dove hunt with you and she wants some more dove kabobs so I may get my weekend pass...:D

Back