Nfl playoffs

BleuBijou

Alright gents, who is going to make it to the big dance this year for our 50th Superbowl? Here is my Uneducated final 2!!

Carolina Panthers: Hard to discount what they have acomplished and they have a darn good team and their Quarterback is not too shabby either.

Kansas City Chiefs: Coming in Hot and no one wants to play a team on a roll. Tough to beat a team that believes in themselves and they can score from both sides of the ball.

:cheers:

I'll go with you on the Panthers....good defense and offense and definitely on a roll.

Disagree on the Chiefs. I think Denver will be in the Big Dance and have a shot to win it if Manning stays healthy, can't forget defenses win championships! IMHO.

I'll go with you on the Panthers....good defense and offense and definitely on a roll.

Disagree on the Chiefs. I think Denver will be in the Big Dance and have a shot to win it if Manning stays healthy, can't forget defenses win championships! IMHO.

I will cheer on my Broncos, but that O line couldn't start at CU!!! Patriots have the same issues with their O line..Pressure = turnovers. Chiefs have top 7 scoring D and are on such a ride right now.. I hope I am wrong , but Chiefs and Pitt are going to be tough outs. Seattle is a tough out in the NFC, but Carolina seems to be on another planet right now...Sure will be some fun games to watch...I would love for Minnesota to upset the Hawks this weekend in the frozen tundra of UM...Pretty funny that they open a hockey rink up so the people can come in and keep warm...Only in Minnesota!! I found it interesting that the only 1,000 yd rusher in the playoffs is Peterson...:cheers:

Bleu, there will be plenty of anti-freeze going around the stands to keep the blood from freezing if you get my drift. :cheers:

The deck is stacked against the Vikings but I actually think the Frigid weather may be the equalizer, at least when it comes to slowing down the Hawks potent offense. Vikings play sound special teams and team defense they have a chance. Oh.. and no turnovers.

If the Hawks get by the Vikings, i think we have a re-match of last years Superbowl. I just can't go against Brady and crew even if they are banged up and lost a couple games toward the end of the regular season. When push comes to shove nobody has coined the phrase "Adapt and overcome" better than Brady and Belichick.

What a waste of a game between the Texans and the Chiefs. Texans had no business being in the Playoffs despite winning their pathetic division.

Damn....it's cold this morning in Minnesota :eek:. Woke up to -12 degrees. Light wind at the moment, but who knows at game time.

What a waste of a game between the Texans and the Chiefs. Texans had no business being in the Playoffs despite winning their pathetic division.

Damn....it's cold this morning in Minnesota :eek:. Woke up to -12 degrees. Light wind at the moment, but who knows at game time.

Still have to line up and play between the lines.... Just proves which team was focused and What team had an actual QB!!! Chiefs looked unbeatable... Bengals just handed the game away. So many bad plays(decisions) in that game. Hope today is better!!

Should be a good ice bowl in Minnesota today, may just what the vikes need to win. Cold weather used to such a great advantage for them until they made the decision to move indoors. They haven't been the same since, least not in my opinion. Hoping for a Vikings victory today.

If steelers and Chiefs win, AFC championship game would be in kansas city. I am more worried about the pats then the donkeys. Manning is not the same now, age has finally caught up to him. I am just hoping we can get through next week. Freaking patriots seem to pull it out a bunch. Marvin Lewis has no clue in Cincy. He has never had control there. That was about as embarrassing as it gets at the end

If steelers and Chiefs win, AFC championship game would be in kansas city. I am more worried about the pats then the donkeys. Manning is not the same now, age has finally caught up to him. I am just hoping we can get through next week. Freaking patriots seem to pull it out a bunch. Marvin Lewis has no clue in Cincy. He has never had control there. That was about as embarrassing as it gets at the end

Agree with you about Lewis and cincy, lack of discipline could cost him his job.

Bleu, there will be plenty of anti-freeze going around the stands to keep the blood from freezing if you get my drift. :cheers:

The deck is stacked against the Vikings but I actually think the Frigid weather may be the equalizer, at least when it comes to slowing down the Hawks potent offense. Vikings play sound special teams and team defense they have a chance. Oh.. and no turnovers.

Oh nooooo wide left. Man reminds me of the Linn Elliot day in Kansas City many years ago. O degrees we were 14-2 and he missed three chip shots.

OMG !! :eek: :mad:

He's been better as of late but earlier in the season he had some serious confidence issues....

If you are a kicker and can't handle the pressure cooker when the game is on the line, time to try out another kicker.

Last edited:
OMG !! :eek: :mad:

He's been better as of late but earlier in the season he had some serious confidence issues....

If you are a kicker and can't handle the pressure cooker when the game is on the line, time to try out another kicker.

It looked like he was too excited.. He really attacked the ball compared to his 3 other kicks...Heartbreak is all I can say!! I was rooting hard for the Vikings.:(:(:(

Burfict was troubled out of College and thus didn't get drafted..In his last 26 collegiate games he was flagged with 16 personal fouls.. Then at the combine told the scouts he smoked dope, then obviously failed the drug test.. It was projected as a possible first round pick, but went undrafted.. It cost him a bunch of money and now looks to do the same as I think he is a free agent now.
Chiefs made the Texans look like a college team. Hoyer was terrible and the game was over with the first kick off..They could make a special run. As a team they can beat anyone..KC fans should be very excited about this team. I didn't see a report on Houston, but that knee looks unstabble for him...Should be exciting the next couple of weeks.

The struggles continue, reminds me of when Anderson missed against the Falcons eons ago. They played a really good game and deserved to win that game. Enjoy the off season vikes......:(

Last edited:
To be fair, Blair Walsh (kicker) is the only one who scored points for the Vikings. The Vikings dominated the majority of that game defensively. Offensively, if they would have instead converted even one of those field goals to a TD, we would be dancing in the streets with a victory. Could a, would a, should a.

No question about it shooter! It seems the field goal is always just assumed to be given when somewhat close. I was just hoping so much for a win just because nobody gave the vikes a chance. Hopefully they will carry this years success into next year.

Burfict was troubled out of College and thus didn't get drafted..In his last 26 collegiate games he was flagged with 16 personal fouls.. Then at the combine told the scouts he smoked dope, then obviously failed the drug test.. It was projected as a possible first round pick, but went undrafted.. It cost him a bunch of money and now looks to do the same as I think he is a free agent now.
Chiefs made the Texans look like a college team. Hoyer was terrible and the game was over with the first kick off..They could make a special run. As a team they can beat anyone..KC fans should be very excited about this team. I didn't see a report on Houston, but that knee looks unstabble for him...Should be exciting the next couple of weeks.

I am more worried for Maclin as he was in tears on the sideline after he came out. I think Houston is about done, I agree his knee is not right. Hopefully he doesn't turn it into a ACL. The only good thing about the way the Chiefs win is there really are no stars. I think the only one that would really hurt is Smith and I am not sure Daniels couldn't do what he does.

Back