Next Plains Blizzard on its Way.....

UGUIDE

......http://weather.minnesota.cbslocal.c...=/data/640x480/2xmw_snow_anim.gif&gtitle=Snow Depth

Good snow depth map and weather video with details about this next storm. Much of eastern SD and western MN under blizzard warning and some will see up to 15" of snow. Just when you thought it was safe to go outside:eek:

That snow depth animation is pretty amazing with how much snow has been lost since Feb 14. 1/2 " of ice from Yankton south.

Here we go again!

Almost done with winter.:) I think we're all getting into a pattern now with cold, warm, cold, warm, etc. I don't expect winter to hang on much longer........I hope:eek: --1pheas4

Seems you guys have been magnets all winter!!!!!!!!! Hope it is not as bad as predicted!! Good luck!!

it is a blizzard as of right now I went to dakotamart this morning. the roads are NOT in good conditions. i feel sorry for those FWD car drivers. my truck was in 2wd mode for awhile, but it got worst, i had to switch on the 4x4.

I got snow drifts up to my car door. its still snowing. been snowing since last night and never stopped yet. im guessing 9 inches right now.

Talked to my buddy in Armour tonight and they said they had more snow in Mitchell than Armour. Only about 3-5 inches in Armour so not too bad.

We in the Twin Cities on the otherhand are slated to get 12-16" when all said and done. I think some parts of northern SD will end up with more snow and blizzard conditions.

Where you at Birdman?

Talked to my buddy in Armour tonight and they said they had more snow in Mitchell than Armour. Only about 3-5 inches in Armour so not too bad.

We in the Twin Cities on the otherhand are slated to get 12-16" when all said and done. I think some parts of northern SD will end up with more snow and blizzard conditions.

Where you at Birdman?

Pierre, its now almost 4am, i woke up for some reason and cant go back to sleep,
but its still snowing, very lightly.

Keloland.com said:
Pierre reporting 9". Rapid City reporting a record daily snowfall of 9.3" Aberdeen sets a record with 8.5" and counting...

Looks like NW SD and West-SW MN got hammered again from the last storm.

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/snow_mod...201102/nsm_depth_2011022305_Upper_Midwest.jpg

Looks like the 15-20" range.

My farm in southern central SD only got about 3-6" while here in the Twin Cities we were in that 15-20" range again.

Had to go out to deer camp yesterday near Arcadia WI and they got about 7". I had to upgrade the 7' balde on tractor to 48" snow blower. I had some drifts that were 3' tall and frozen crusted over and the blwoer did a great job on them.

Yes, we officially got 17.7 inches in Aberdeen. Can't believe the snow in my front yard. Guess I'll have to take some pics and post here. When is this fricking winter ever going to end?????? :mad:

I thought I was done with snow. Now we have a few inches on the ground. We are suppose to have around 8 inches by Friday. Which in this country is like your 17.7 inches George. So look out this storm that is here could end up in your yard too..........Bob

Well we are now in the top 10 of all time snow fall of all recorded time. A few more of these crudy days and we will be pushing for a record. Only 30 or so inches away I think. Thank God for the warm up. I still see dirt in the fields and birds.:thumbsup: It was so fluffy here it blew right off the fields. But it all landed right in my driveway too. Dean from the club got 20" in Schokapee again, thats 40" in 2 snow falls.:eek: with Feb and Mar to go.:eek:

Back