NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Near Topeka proabably dont want to know how much rain we've been getting - since Oct/November or somewhere in there pretty consistent - this past week rained twice and thursday night/evening all night into morning off and on with some downpours where I live - and some hail and wall clouds.

I'd rather it be drier. Once it warms up will be a dang steam sauna again - prefer western ks desert climate.

.48 in this weeks total. Not a drought buster nor the 3 inches the weather boys and girls predicted. More of the same.

Picked up .97 yesterday and a bit of light stuff today. Other than that, had .06 total from 2 events earlier this month! Between me and my help, we saw 5 bobwhite last week on the area.

WooHoo! The sky finally opened up at 3:00 this morning and we've had 1.52" since. It is raining again now and prospects look to favor more ahead!
We got a little here in Rush County. I haven't checked the gauge but I think around .50. The last several rains over the last 2 weeks has missed up completely. Hopefully we get more tonite. Looks like it might just be rain without the hail.

Finished the light of day yesterday at 1.65 total. Overnight since I dumped that out of the rain gauge we've had another 1.63. THAT ought to help!

Last edited:
Didn’t you end up with around 2.5 inches a couple of weeks ago?
Officially I think we got around a half yesterday. But at the house we got under second round that I bet dumped close to another half in the afternoon
No not at all. Over in Barton County they did but Rush County keeps missing it. When Barton got the 2 inch rain, we got .30. We are under 5 inches for the year.

Well it has been raining here for nearly 30 minutes. First time since last July that I have had water flowing out of my gutters. I had to go out and cover 2 rabbit nests to keep water from flowing into them. Good rain with warm temps, exactly what we needed. I am hopeful for a wet June to keep them from emergency grazing come August and Sept.

Back