New hound wagon

Is ecotec really the name?

Yep, EcoTec3. Direct injection, cylinder deactivation (it goes to 4cyl), and continuously variable valve timing. 355hp and capable of 22mpg.

New toys arriving for my truck. These will get the front end up a few inches for a little more clearance.

Nice!!! Those should help!! Great shocks!!:thumbsup:

Are you going to take the front air dam off?

More than likely yes and definitely before next mountain quail season since I hunt some pretty bad forrestry roads. Got my Bilstein 5100s on today, brought the front end up nearly 2" on the top setting. She sits a lot better now.

That's nice!!!!! I'm an old hot rodder so the rake doesn't bother me as much, but my son has been after me to get the front up!
I've been thinking of mods, but this being my first brand new truck I'm worried about the warranty!

It still has about a 3/4" rake even with them set at the highest level and the ride is better than the ranchos imo. The Bilstein s have 4 height settings so if you have a coil compressor and some mechanical skill you can try out different heights and see what suits you.:cheers:

It's amazing how much just a touch of lift and tires can change the attitude, appearance, and capabilities of the truck.

Stock.

Bilstein shocks in the front (1.8" of lift) and 285/70r17 (33x11.50) BFG A/T Ko2s.

Looks really good Robert!! I like it a lot!!:thumbsup::cheers:

Looks tough;). Smart move on the lift too. As nice as those new trucks are they seem to run a too low to the ground. I lifted my 2500 about 2" too. It seemed to make a difference.

Nick

Thanks guys. This is basically the same set up I used on my '05 for years. It gives the clearance needed for using the truck off road while not affecting the drivability, it actually rides better than stock imo. BFG's have carried me from below sea level in Death Valley to 11,000' in the Sierra and have never let me down. There is a reason they say "baja champions" on the side wall and it's because they are the toughest tires on the market.:cheers:

So how are you liking your truck? The more I drive mine the better I like it!

So how are you liking your truck? The more I drive mine the better I like it!

I absolutely love it! I can't wait until it's really broken in (only at 750mi now) but I'm in no rush to put miles on it. I have an older Camry that I commute (70mi a day) with.

Me too,do yourself a favor and don't get wrapped up in some of the truck Forums. They are loaded with Trolls that rip apart any know issue, wether it be true or not and they are good at what they do!

A little nervous about modifications on a new truck but I really like this exhaust!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itWVNo1sh8I

Exhaust on these trucks is very tricky with the AFM and their propensity to drone at highway speeds. That being said they are definitely WAY to quite for a truck in stock form. I'm thinking about having my local muffler shop (very capable) making me a custom exhaust with the flapper valve upstream of the muffler with a 1" bypass tube similar to the GM/ Borla set up.

Nice truck. I just got myself a new Dodge grand caravan. Most of my dog travel will be in this thing. Love it. If it gets ugly I can always take my f150 4x. But the bus is pretty sweet. Just got to get it back from TX now LOL.

Went to camp to do some habitat work, truck AVERAGED 26.1 MPG...really liking this truck!

Back