New hound wagon

quail hound

Well after a life of buying trucks I could pay cash for and never having one with less than 150k miles I finally took the plunge of adulthood and went into debt :eek: for a brand new truck. I needed a new truck but wasn't necessarily in the market for a new one until I found this one one which was too good a deal to pass up. Here's my new 2015 GMC Sierra.

You'll be able to "ride in style" heading to SD for a hunt and it can handle the back roads that sometimes are impassable!

What size engine?

You'll be able to "ride in style" heading to SD for a hunt and it can handle the back roads that sometimes are impassable!

What size engine?

That's why I got it, my other truck was getting a little old to trust on a cross country trek with 240k mi. It's got a 5.3l v8 and all the bells and whistles.

It's Gorgeous!!!

Now, sit in the cab, bring a pee bottle, and don't leave until you have completely learned ALL the functions of the buttons, pedals, commands, lights and their functions, electronic equipment and the variety of signals, receptions, warnings, alerts, door releases and hidden compartments that it has.

There will be a quiz.

(Might have to bring a sandwich or two.)

:D:thumbsup::D

It's going to take a while to learn all the gadgets it has.

Very nice truck! Get a mud river seat cover for the passenger seat so your hunting partner can ride shotgun with you. I have one for the back seat of my crew cab. Nice reward for them after a hard day in the field......assuming no skunk or mud encounters.

What kind of cap are you going to put on it?

I'm thinking about putting a soft topper on it so it's easy on and off when I don't need it.

The mud river cover seat cover is a great idea.:cheers:

Nice truck Rob:thumbsup:.

At this point what are you averaging per gallon? Are you still around 17+ mpg?

Nick

Hey..that's a beauty! :cheers:

Like yourself, I bought my first new truck this year, a Silverado.

You're going to love that truck, and a 355HP engine in a standard cab must fly!

What rear gears did you get?

I'm not fooling myself thinking I'll ever figure out all the gadgets! :confused:

Last edited:
Nick, I've only used about a half a tank so far but according to the truck I'm at almost 19mpg right now on the trip. That's about half city and half highway but I admit I've been babying it.:cheers:

FLDBRD, it has 3.42 gears and it moves pretty good. Close to my dad's 2011 extended cab 6.2l truck.:cheers:

That is sure pretty Robert!!! Lots of gadgets!!lol.. I was like you and still am... Never have bought a new truck and I am 51... Might have to take the plunge as old red is just to small for all my crap and she is wearing out... I still might not buy new though..What deal did you get on that one if you don't mind me being NOSEY?:thumbsup:

Thanks. The truck was part of GM's 20% off year end event plus a few more rebates from the dealership and I got a little over $9k off the $42,500 :eek: msrp.

Last edited:
Awesome truck. It will last a loooooong time.

Take good care of it and it will last...It better for as much as they cost these days!! Congrats and looking forward to seeing it in a few pic's soon!!:cheers:

Hopefully it will last a long time. My '05 GMC has 240k on the odometer and still runs pretty good.

It will, GM did some insane durability test on these new Ecotec 3 motors and they passed with flying colors.

Back