New from Ohio

Stumpman

Hello to everyone
I live just southeast of Cleveland in Summit County. I was a bird hunter until the early 80s. Five years ago we bought a 200 acre farm in southeast Ohio. 2/3 was reclaimed in the mid 70s the rest is wood lands with a lot of clearing that we have made. We are working on food plots for birds. We have Grouse and Quail and want to start some Pheasants.

Bill

Welcome to uph, stay a while and share some stories.

Welcome to UPH, Please tell us about your Favorite Dog and Gun.........Bob

Welcome. Good to have some more folks from Ohio, I was getting lonely.:thumbsup::cheers:

Welcome What type of dog is that in your picture?

Welcome. Good group of guys here and always good to see another buckeye on here.

Matt D

Hello to everyone. Can’t wait for the rain to quit. We want to start getting stuff ready for planting.

The dog in the picture is a soft coated Wheaton Terrier. He is supposed to keep rodents off the farm but at best he chases squirrels up the trees. In 6 years he has not learned to look up.

It looks like a lot of the rabbits made it through the winter. We did not get to spend much time hunting them this winter.

Bill

It looks like a lot of the rabbits made it through the winter. We did not get to spend much time hunting them this winter.

Bill

You may find a friend in BeagleBob. with rabbits running about.

We have two Beagles the oldest one came from a good line but is clueless and we just got a pup that has some potential. Where is BeagleBob from? Our farm is near the crossroads of rout 70 and rout 250.

Bill

I currently have a brittany that is a great hunter and house dog. Trying to find something that will hunt birds and not shed as much. Any chance your Wheaten is birdy? I hear back in the day, it was considered the "common" mans hunting dog and was used to hunt birds.

Thanks!

Stumpman, Welcome!
200 acres is a nice chunk to work with:thumbsup:
Sounds like you have the setting to get some good pheasant habitat going. Then get a bunch of pheasants, release them as adults, see what happens.

Back