New A5 Sweet Sixteen reviews

Regarding buying outright a 26 inch barrel from Browning they are not available and no indication when it may happen. Strange but that is the reality.

A5 28" here. I have had very good luck with the gun. You will pay more for ammo if you can find it. Light gun that travels nicely in the field. The browning loads shoot nice through the gun. I have also shot Federal and Fiocchi through he gun in 5's and 6's.

For the guys that are cutting the barrel down can't you just purchase a 26" barrel from browning for the gun?
There those like myself that think the new A5 is too long in 26" and would prefer something shorter. My new A5 Sweet sixteen with a 26" barrel is 2.5" longer than my 1960 Sweet sixteen with a 26" barrel. It's all in the receiver.

I love to hear my grandsons quote me! We ran into one of his friends at a put and take hunt last year. His friend asks him about his gun and he said, it's a 16, carries like a 20, hits like a 12.

There those like myself that think the new A5 is too long in 26" and would prefer something shorter. My new A5 Sweet sixteen with a 26" barrel is 2.5" longer than my 1960 Sweet sixteen with a 26" barrel. It's all in the receiver.
I find it interesting on how the gun feels different to so many. I have the 28" barrel and I put all the butt stock spacers in too

The new A5 Sweet has an extremely long receiver for some reason.. Here is a picture of mine with my Benelli BUL for comparison.

Attachments

• 2F356EC6-3357-493F-AA68-788044C65C55.jpeg
    2F356EC6-3357-493F-AA68-788044C65C55.jpeg
    814.8 KB · Views: 12
I’m coming perilously close to
Pulling the proverbial trigger on a new Sweet Sixteen and figured I’d see if current owners have any thoughts.

Clearly a great time to jump into a new caliber given ammo shortages, but I’ve never let reason get in the way of gun purchases so I ain’t starting now.
If you go to browning’s sight they have two new style sweet sixteen models for the 2022 shot show they have an ultimate similar to the twelve gauge version with engraving and oil finished turkish walnut wood the other plain silver receiver

I recently acquired a 1971 A5 Light in 12 guage with a 26 barrel, mat riib, and choked IC. Real nice shape, balanced perfectly and weighing in 6 lb 10 oz. Swings nicely, handles light and heavy loads. I put new friction ring and springs from arts gun shop. It will kill.

I recently acquired a 1971 A5 Light in 12 guage with a 26 barrel, mat riib, and choked IC. Real nice shape, balanced perfectly and weighing in 6 lb 10 oz. Swings nicely, handles light and heavy loads. I put new friction ring and springs from arts gun shop. It will kill.
I find it difficult to believe your Light 12 weighs only 6 lb. 10 oz. The normal weight on that gun is 7 lb. 10 oz. My 1960 SweetSixteen weighs more than 6 lb. 10 oz.

I have owned several 16gauges over the years (got started in upland on 16ga) Now the new A5 16ga is my go to gun again. I seem to be shooting better, can carry it all day ( key factor at my age) and like the way it mounts for me. I have the 28" barrel and I don't think I will mess with it. Once Browning has the 26" in stock as an extra barrel I might make the buy just to have it. I am saving my nickels to purchase a 20ga A5 and complete the collection. Who knows maybe Browning will get smart and reintroduce the 20ga again:)

Went to the gun shop this morning to replace some 20 gauge shotguns that I gave to my grandsons and granddaughter for Christmas. Had every intention on picking up a Benelli G2 or SBE3 in twenty gauge. Shop owner says have you looked at the A5 Sweet 16 he says I love that gun. Well it couldn't have been a better birthday gift to myself. Picked up on box of ammo from him and two more at our local Walmart. Looking forward to getting out and shooting it. Mine has the 26 inch barrel.

Went to the gun shop this morning to replace some 20 gauge shotguns that I gave to my grandsons and granddaughter for Christmas. Had every intention on picking up a Benelli G2 or SBE3 in twenty gauge. Shop owner says have you looked at the A5 Sweet 16 he says I love that gun. Well it couldn't have been a better birthday gift to myself. Picked up on box of ammo from him and two more at our local Walmart. Looking forward to getting out and shooting it. Mine has the 26 inch barrel.
AAWW YES INDEED. NOTHING LIKE SITTING IN A CHAIR BY THE FIRE FIRE, FONDELING A NEW GUN!!

Back