New 28ga auto

onpoint

Guess who's got a new 28ga auto?

Anybody?

Hope it is not your new snake gun!!!! Let's see it!!!!

ME, I just got a Remington 1100 28 gauge, Shirl thought I was feeling depressed since the heart surgery. She thought with forrest grouse open and such... a nice new gun would cheer me up. The doc says I can take it hunting now, and no more than 5 birds on clays. Quail open the 1st of OCT the 22nd for pheasant, this baby and I are ready for those openings also.....Bob

Last edited:
Bob, I surely hope your feeling better soon and congrats on having a great wife who cares so much and knows just what to buy you to cheer you up. 1100 28ga's are sweet little guns.

OK, I just had to play with you guys a little.

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_ultra_light.php

it's a 28ga Benelli Ultra Light..not the Legacy. It just appeared on their web site the other day. There isn't even any specifications on it yet. I'm sure it's lighter then the Legacy and maybe a tad less expensive..lets hope.

what a sweet looking gun. I notice as i get older i want something lighter and lighter. A 20 or 28 gauge at a little over 5 pounds, is just up this out of shape hunters alley. I will have to start working on my wife now. Personally i don't have a problem getting a new gun once, twice a year. For some reason she doesn't get it. Oh well it is all in the presentation, if you know what i mean.

Sweet shottie! I know I love my Legacy 28 . . . it's a delight to carry & is quick (even with my decades-old reflexes.). Enjoy!

HOLD UP!! I didn't get one..LOL

I just meant Benelli had a "New" 28ga auto..but if one of you are willing to gift one to me. I'll be forever grateful..:laugh::laugh:

I have a dandy 20ga Montefeltro, 2 Browning A5 20ga Magnums, a Browning Citori 20ga, a Superposed 20ga and a Cynergy Feather in 20/28/410. I don't think I need another sub gauge gun.. Wash my mouth out with soap..LOL

Last edited:
Well thanks a lot Onpoint:) Because of you putting up a picture of this Benelli ultralight, i have become fairly obsessed. Handled one in the gun store last night, 20 gauge, they are as sweet as they look. Weighed in under 6 lbs and it handled great. I think I have always tried to find something weight comparable to my first gun as a young man, which was a model 37 featherweight in 20 gauge. Oh by the way, they seem to be running about 1450.00 +tax.

I'm sorry...:laugh:

I have a 20ga Montefeltro, I had another new one some years back and traded it on something else. Regretted it ever since. So I bought EEK's off this site. I will hang on to this one. I wanted it mostly for it's light weight but it has many more good things going for it.

The Utra light should even be lighter. It should be a real dandy 20 or 28

Just a note, I have my heart set on a new Weatherby SA-08 28ga Entre Rios

http://www.weatherby.com/product/shotguns/semiauto/sa08_entrerios

Interesting, it has been taken off the web-site. I have pictures of the gun. Hmmm

My wife has two SA-08 12ga's and her girl friend also has one. They have shot a boat load of ammo through them and they have been flawless.

The gun is near half the price of the Benelli and it is a well built, nice fit and finished gun.

Last edited:
Well Onpoint thanks to you I did it. I bougt a new Benelli ultralight. I ended up with the 12 with a 26inch barrel. The 20 was sweet but I didn't care for the 24inch barrel. I just got used to a 26" barrel a few years ago. I was looking for a gun to replace my Browing gold hunter a gave to my son. I was down to an old heavy 1100 and an even heavier auto-5 in 12 gauge. Sweet gun 6.1 lbs. Went out and shot about three boxes of shells on sunday. I like the smaller frame. I did handle the 28 gauge. Real sweet maybe in the spring. Anyway thanks for showing the link. Between you and the 10% off Cabela's discount card I got in the mail last week, I didn't have a chance:)

Back