My first .410...and it's cool!

JMc

Super Moderator
Did some trading yesterday in Amarillo and picked up this Browning Model 42. Nearly flawless, pic does not do it justice. Blue is bright and wood is very nice. Box, paperwork, and gun. What do you guys think?

image_zps6b3388dc.jpg

Looks very nice, Jim. Very nice wood. I've always wanted to get a group together and have a ".410 only" pheasant hunt. I think it would. Maybe next year if Haymaker has his Wounded Warrior hunt again we can make one day a .410 day. All I have is my first gun a Savage Model 220A hammerless .410 single shot.

Excellent! I'm pining for a 410 in O/U.

I know a Blind mouse finds a piece of cheese every once in a while, but you have more luck finding cool stuff they anyone I know!:10sign:

I know a Blind mouse finds a piece of cheese every once in a while, but you have more luck finding cool stuff they anyone I know!:10sign:

Was bartering before it was cool. You'll like this...went to gun show and traded a used Colt Defender for a new Springfield XDs and a new Glock 19...EVEN UP. Guy was coming in and i asked him what he had and bingo. Just always watch and listen...and a very forgiving spouse!

Yikes that's 12 gauge weight but if it's similiar in feel to a bps it probably carries lighter than it actually weighs. They just balance sooo nice.

Officially its listed at 6 pounds 6 oz. feels much lighter but it is all steel and has some heavy beautiful wood.

Was bartering before it was cool. You'll like this...went to gun show and traded a used Colt Defender for a new Springfield XDs and a new Glock 19...EVEN UP. Guy was coming in and i asked him what he had and bingo. Just always watch and listen...and a very forgiving spouse!

I was just jealous before. Now I am about to cry!!!:D:cheers:

Nice sweet gun! And one heck of a lot better than the break action exposed hammer rust bucket .410 I used for my first pheasant hunts.

Looks very nice, Jim. Very nice wood. I've always wanted to get a group together and have a ".410 only" pheasant hunt. I think it would. Maybe next year if Haymaker has his Wounded Warrior hunt again we can make one day a .410 day. All I have is my first gun a Savage Model 220A hammerless .410 single shot.

How about a small bore weekend--Sat would be 410 day and Sun would be a 28 ga or 410 day. If the birds come back on my farm I would be willing to host such an event for UPH members.

Last edited:
Sweet.

My brother used to have a little Steven .410 S x S that he hustled with at area turkey and bacon shoots. Man would I like to have had a movie camera back then. Bro put on quite a clinic with that little thing right before we left town with the goods.

Me too . . . Driggs & I will be the good ol' boys shooting the "magnum" 28s . . .

I'll pick-up you & your pup/pups in Idaho on my way, JS. Can we fly-fish a bit before leaving?

How about a small bore weekend--Sat would be 410 day and Sun would be a 28 ga or 410 day. If the birds come back on my farm I would be willing to host such an event for UPH members.:cheers

I need to get a .410 ASAP!:thumbsup:

Back