morels

Could somebody send me some morels? Please? LOL :p

I will have to take a look at the farm in the tree filled draws.
Don't have a whole lot of timber, or low ground. But pretty good quail cover.

I could send ha some dried ones from last year, if you want.

Says the guy from Morel central. I started when my dad took me to Mesick and cadillac every year before I could walk very well. Miss the northwoods. Got a picture of a hen doodle and four little chicks crossing the road this wknd I'll post later, They were doing the doodle shuffle and bob.

Mushroom festival is still a big event in mesick. Have found hens on the nest but no chicks yet, should be happening shortly though.

I will have to take a look at the farm in the tree filled draws.
Don't have a whole lot of timber, or low ground. But pretty good quail cover.

I heard a trustworthy report about some morels north of Council Grove lake. So your farm should have a few now if it ever gets them.

If you find one, slow down and really search a 30 yard circle. Lots of times you will find a lot if you stop and really scan the ground after you find one.

And remember the spot. They will likely be there next year too.:thumbsup:

nice tip if you have a gps app on your phone, log it. we use it when we are deep in the pitts.

Smart phones....I don't get reception back in some of the wooly places I have found mushrooms. I usually try to hang something in a tree that usually wouldn't be there i.e. a fishing bobber or a old glass bottle. But most of the time I remember the area from certain trees and the way the land looks.

thats a good idea, but most shroomers look for such things lol. someone marked all their trails with an water bottles stuck upside down ona tree branch, wasn't to hard to figure out. cell phone coverages is a problem out in the boonies. I'm like you, I just remember where I'm at, but unfortunately, my sons didn't get that gene from me, they get turned around pretty easy.

:cheers:

I heard a trustworthy report about some morels north of Council Grove lake. So your farm should have a few now if it ever gets them.

If you find one, slow down and really search a 30 yard circle. Lots of times you will find a lot if you stop and really scan the ground after you find one.

And remember the spot. They will likely be there next year too.:thumbsup:

I will have to take a look this weekend.

Back