More snow.

Don't put the shovel away yet.12" plus predicted again.:mad: now this is getting frustrating.

Ain't going to be that bad. Looks like it's going to stay south. At least that was the last forecast I saw. Guess we'll know by Tuesday.

OK I thought we were done. Again a new record for the year. The drifts piled up higher now then all winter last night and it is still coming.:mad: It is NASTY out side. wind is brutal and 8 degrees. We had a ton of rain, lightning, hail, sleet with freezing rain, snow and 50 MPH wind all day and night. Might be the worst 36 hrs of the year. Going out with a bang is old man winter. Sick of it thats for sure.:(

Hey Ken, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. We've got snow out here also. 3-4 inches last night and it's still snowing. 1-3 more before it quits. It's snowing hard as I write this. We had rain and thunder yesterday afternoon before it started to snow. Flooding is becoming a big problem throughout eastern SD. I understand that areas of ND have gotten a foot and a half of new snow. I94 from Bismarck to Fargo is closed. Ths s%#& is really getting old! :mad:

We got about a foot of heavy stuff, mostly during the night. Strong winds, drifts. Tonight -4.:(

We got about a foot here, very windy, and drifting. I snow blowed the driveway/sidewalk last night, early this morning-and it's on the Agenda when I get home tonight as well. Roads are being plowed but icey. We have 2 registered sporting clay events this week-end at the same club about 30 miles east of here, I bet he's having a blast setting his traps for the 100 target shoot in this mess:p

10.2 here I guess. But the drifting was bad. Ice made it imposible to stop at a stop sign.:D. First time the wife got stuck in the drive way all winter. But the roads melted off nice this afternoon. Yea the floods are comin, man it sure made for a muddy melt here thats for sure. Dogs are a mess:rolleyes: Can't let them out with out getting all muddy head to toe.

Just when most of the yard was snow free..... boom, 6 inches overnight. Winter is back and it looks like it will stay cool for a while with lows in the low teens most of the next 4-5 days. What a winter to remember or should I say forget..:mad:

This early, early "Spring storm" caught many by surprise, again. We got 13" of the wettest, heaviest snow possible. Truly a "heart attack " deal. Got a Honda blower and its 9 hp, but keeping it cleaned up and running right was a struggle yesterday. Worst storm of the winter, by far. Many schools closed today, again.

We had woodcock returning all around up here. Hope the little bog suckers can find some open seeps etc down in the swamps. Will be below zero tonite. :mad:

NB

Yes chris we have got it good, but the birds are fine here. I am still seeing them all over. They have pulled through fine. I just about hit a couple on the way to work yesterday.:D I went for a ture a week ago and saw hundreds. Good sign. Most of those totals blew off the hills as fluff, so finding grub was not a big deal.:thumbsup: Some fear the worst but the birds are telling me otherwise.;) I hear we have close to 90 " total now.

Yes chris we have got it good, but the birds are fine here. I am still seeing them all over. They have pulled through fine. I just about hit a couple on the way to work yesterday.:D I went for a ture a week ago and saw hundreds. Good sign. Most of those totals blew off the hills as fluff, so finding grub was not a big deal.:thumbsup: Some fear the worst but the birds are telling me otherwise.;) I hear we have close to 90 " total now.

Thats good news Ken. We both know that birds can pull through if they have the right stuff around to get em thru.

No kidding and this area out here, Benson LacQuiparel and so on do have the cover. I saw the dambest thing hens in two places right in down town Alexandria in 2 different cattail patches.:D Must be eating bird feeder food.LOL Saw some roosties right by the house again. So were good.:thumbsup:

No kidding. Just when we think we've seen the last of it. Hopefully this is going to be it, I mean its almost May.

Back