More little ones

haymaker

Well I am seeing little ones but in this case I am talking about little skunks. I have seen two different families of little skunks this year so I guess it is time to get the box traps out.

I'll have be on the look out----dam stinky egg eating vermin. :eek:

Well I am seeing little ones but in this case I am talking about little skunks. I have seen two different families of little skunks this year so I guess it is time to get the box traps out.

I'd say it's time to try out some of those B&P 16 ga. shells you bought for your Model 12. :)

I think you should just wait and let your dog jump them this hunting season. That is always a lot of fun. I have a good amount of experience with that

Speaking of skunks. Has anyone found any new products on the market to deal with de-odorizing skunk spray? You would think with all the advancements in science someone would have come up with a good product. The ol' Hydrogen Peroxide, baking soda and dish soap combo still works about the best.

Anyone tried this product?
http://www.gundogsupply.com/pets-rule-skunk-plus.html

Petsmart sells a product called nature something or other that works like a charm. Our dogs have gotten into skunks on 3 different occasions and what we call skunk off (not really the name) saved the day. After you use no more smell

Been there......The hotel staff was NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha in my case it was a trailer that we rented! We got the H out of there before the cleaning crew showed up! My brother hung an air freshner from his glasses on the 10 hr trip home!!

sure glad any hunts in that area fell through i know wear i will be avoiding this fall... i seen a bunch of dead skunks on I-90 this spring from say worthington mn l to vivian well east of vivian aways just b4 the rest area there was wear i seen last dead 1 ill be hunting in a county wear they trap and harvest varmits on the regular still pro traping signs there were a real treat to see last yr...

Hahahaha in my case it was a trailer that we rented! We got the H out of there before the cleaning crew showed up! My brother hung an air freshner from his glasses on the 10 hr trip home!!

I wasn't going to leave the dog in the truck kennel all night.....had no choice...even my tooth brush tasted like skunk.....glad it didn't happen on day one.......knew right away when I heard the yelp from in the cat tails.....she came out with that look on her face that said "mom is going to be pissed"

Febreeze works pretty good at taming down the skunk smell. After our dog got sprayed the smell came back every time he got wet. We kept a bottle in the truck and sprayed him down at end of the day.

I talked to my farmer friend today up in jones county. He said things are way better than last year. He said cover is great, he is seeing TONS of hens all with clutches of 10-15 chicks. June brought lots of good rain. Said it is shaping up to be a good year. He did say it looks like crops will be late again because they were late getting them in. Sounds like another epic december...........

very good to hear music to my esrs.. my december hunt sucked but not for lack of pheasants just lack of dummys lol... i did bag late hatch birds in both sd and mn well into late nov and early dec... think dec 16-18 was my last young bird mostly colered up and good weight but he was that yrs hatch...

with a decint carry over from winter and good 1st-2nd hatches carptom is write late season will be increadible... we mite get like 2 openers the real opener then crop out opener wear all them young birds are colered up and fair game can not wait!!!

thanks for the good news carptom...

Back