Montana 2018!!

In this generation of Everyman for himself I don’t know what the proper etiquette is anymore but I’d love to see the Nick Faldo routine just to see what it entails. Anyways Cal has a great point, if you can delay your trip until big game madness is over you should improve your odds for getting on. Small group size is a plus as well. It can take awhile to develope good intel and spots, the countryside is always changing too to add in additional variables.

It all comes down to scouting, never hunting with more than one other guy, or hunting alone, looking pathetically poor, but not looking shabby, driving a farm truck, sometimes acting retarted,talking to farmers, not looking like a hunter.Sometimes I wear a old golf shirt, and I look kind of like Nick faldo, and that works for getting permissions. If they think you are pathetic, and no threat to their bird population, they might let you hunt.

Somehow I think the retard stuff is not an act.

It sure hasn't been difficult in my experience and I don't have to resort to that kind of behavior to be successful.

I don’t know what the proper etiquette is anymore
PTM, somehow I have no doubt you do.

It sure hasn't been difficult in my experience and I don't have to resort to that kind of behavior to be successful.

I don’t know what the proper etiquette is anymore
PTM, somehow I have no doubt you do.

I have hunted with Patrick ( PTM) the last few years in SD, he perfectly well knows how to conduct himself. He is far nicer than I am :)

Cal,

I have a strange sense of humor and Goosemaster has kept me entertained over the last few years. Although politically incorrect I wish he would expand on what exactly he means by “retarded” and I would like to know if he fuses his mentally impaired act with the Nick Faldo on the hi line trick. The Montana Rancher is a hardened but friendly man that can usually smell BS coming from a mile away and will call you on it in my limited experience. These kind of exchanges are what used to make this site fun, but it seems many of the spirited individuals have been banished to cyber space.

Yes they can smell bs, so it has to be good.Ive only tried it 6 or 7 times.One time I had my cousin drive me, sort of acommpian me, and I got on. I studied acting at the university of washington.Im 6-4, and my wife tells me I look, and act like Nick Faldo, so I just go with it.Some farms are impossible to get on.They wouldn't let John Tesster on! Those are the ones that are a challenge.

I have hunted with Patrick ( PTM) the last few years in SD, he perfectly well knows how to conduct himself. He is far nicer than I am :)

Agreed, PTM is top notch. Wish I could make it to SD with you guys this year, good luck.

Agreed, PTM is top notch. Wish I could make it to SD with you guys this year, good luck.

yes sorry I am missing you. Andy's property is only being hunted by two old guys that in his words " are horrible hunters with even worse dogs" so we should be ok.

Cal,

I have a strange sense of humor and Goosemaster has kept me entertained over the last few years. Although politically incorrect I wish he would expand on what exactly he means by “retarded” and I would like to know if he fuses his mentally impaired act with the Nick Faldo on the hi line trick. The Montana Rancher is a hardened but friendly man that can usually smell BS coming from a mile away and will call you on it in my limited experience. These kind of exchanges are what used to make this site fun, but it seems many of the spirited individuals have been banished to cyber space.

I too have a strange sense of humor and always enjoy being around characters when hunting and fishing. Screwing with your friends is one of life's small pleasures. If Goosemaster is kidding about his behavior he needs to hone his learned acting skills and be more obvious in his presentation because I take what he says as being the truth. Screwing with strangers to get them to be generous is beyond the pale for me. I just draw the line at lying to get access. There's too much land to hunt in five lifetimes without resorting to that behavior.

Has anyone ever met Goosemaster? Is he a real person, or someone’s alter ego run rampant and having fun?

:laugh: Great minds think alike. Given the anonymous nature of the internet and forums in general it's easy to adopt a persona just to troll people with. For example here's a picture of me talking to guys who feel the need to be con artists.

View attachment 8593

Has anyone ever met Goosemaster? Is he a real person, or someone’s alter ego run rampant and having fun?

Who gave him his name? Self proclaimed master!? Let’s see the master Goose hunting pictures! Show me those piles/heaping mounds of feathers and bills from your glory days. Who do you act like to get on prime cut cornfields?

Faldo.My cousin new a guy who owned a short bus, and we drove that up to this guys farm near Hilger Mt. I did not speak, my cousin did all the talking, and we got on, and both limited out.We left a 12 pack of pbr.

Ha ha, I think the next time you get on a nice piece of land you should cleverly leave a putter near the mailbox as you depart the area. I didn’t know the MT cow poker would be so into golf that he would identify a living legend.

Lol- that's true, they have no clue about golf.Thats just the persona that works for me.My real personality is sort of dull, but I've studied Faldo, and he's English, so that's kind of different.My cousin thinks he's gay...lol

Back