Momma said there’d be days like this...

There are several good things about a day when you can’t hit the broadside of a barn. 1. Federal Premium Ammunition profits skyrocket. Boosting the American Economy! 2. Because of #1, money coming into Pheasants Forever increases. 3. You get to see great dog work ALL day long. 4. You get to see miles of prairie. 5. Calorie intake tonight can be ginormous. 6. You have a whole blooper reel on the go pro. 7. You get to experience the “golden hour” for the first time all year. 8. You know there are plenty of birds left for the next time you want to hunt this area. Time to clean my three birds and quadruple check where Jazz got quilled by Mr. Porkie.

I can relate. In October I shot well, had six or seven birds wit one shot apiece. Last week had several whiffs. Seems to be pretty hot and cold with me.

I know that feeling. I am lucky enough to have several guns I can shoot roosters with. Changing guns breaks a slump for me. Purely mental.

I typically have 1 to 2 of those days each season. I hate them!! Seems like it usually begins by sending that first break-away dunk opportunity careening off the back of the rim & into the bleachers. That said, in my dreams, I don't believe I've EVER had one of those days. I'm always on fire! Making unbelievable shots, one after another. I wake up & I'm like....crap.

I can relate. In October I shot well, had six or seven birds wit one shot apiece. Last week had several whiffs. Seems to be pretty hot and cold with me.

For me, there's a big difference in accuracy/hits between early fall and winter shooting; gloves, coats and sweaters underneath make for a struggle to mount the gun. The stock either gets hung up on the way up or I'm not fully mounted. I did learn that wearing no shirt helps - just wear stretchy sweater(s) and oversize jacket.

I typically have 1 to 2 of those days each season. I hate them!! Seems like it usually begins by sending that first break-away dunk opportunity careening off the back of the rim & into the bleachers. That said, in my dreams, I don't believe I've EVER had one of those days. I'm always on fire! Making unbelievable shots, one after another. I wake up & I'm like....crap.
Lol. I never have one of these days when the first bird goes down.

Back