Military Veterans

Service is Service

BritChaser,

I was one of the fortunate ones and didn't get sent to Nam. I was a Medic and spend the majority of my service time in Germany.

DZ

You were fortunate. But you served in the face of the Soviet military machine, no small threat, and you beat it without firing a shot. Well done.

Service

US Army Airborne Ranger 85-89 discharged due to mid-air intanglement on a recon jump. Broke 19 bones, but can still walk all day for roosters !!!

" Ranger Lead the way!" Hooray

Surface Warfare Anti-Submarine Sea Warrior

U.S. Navy
RM2 74 to 78
Comfairkef, Keflavick, Iceland
USS Edward McDonnell (FF1043)

Cougmantx hunted Soviet submarines from a Navy frigate.

Last edited:
Cougmantx served on a Navy frigate hunting Soviet sumarines from the sea surface.

Yes sir I did. Left Iceland and headed right back to the North Sea two weeks later. Use to spend an lot of time in the gap between Iceland and Britian. Back then the Soviets tried everything they could to get past that area undetected. Thanks for reconizing that.

Recon Protecting Us Now

US Army
1996-Present

Recon is on active duty now protecting us from the dangers in a hostile world. We wish him luck when he must engage the enemy in the line of duty.

Spence a Marine at a Dangerous Time

US Marine Corps

July '03 - July '07

Sounds like you might have gotten in on some Iraq, Afghanistan, or other Middle East service.

Back