Mid-America Hunting Association

Better does not mean increasing hunter pressure with unlimited family and non-family guests

Dude just because my experience was not like yours, does not mean I don't know what i was talking about. I am happy that you enjoy your experience with theis club. For somebody traveling from out of state it is probably great for you. It was just not for me. By the way, HSP does not have unlimited access for non-member guests.

Dude just because my experience was not like yours, does not mean I don't know what i was talking about. I am happy that you enjoy your experience with theis club. For somebody traveling from out of state it is probably great for you. It was just not for me. By the way, HSP does not have unlimited access for non-member guests.

You are correct.:thumbsup: Each membership is for that person only. I think you can take a guest up to 3 times for 100.00 a day.

i was just stating the only knowledge i have heard about it. thats what we do on this forum, everyone puts together their knowledge on facts about hunting, weather it be tactics, dogs, gear, outfitters and hunt clubs. that way people can gather information and do as they please...

I've spent the last 15 years hunting private land all around MAHA leases, some of it right next door. I can tell you they have some great habitat to hunt. If I didn't have the private opportunities I have now, I would probably join. They are particular on who they let join and how they hunt. Based on what I have personally seen and read, they are well organized and well run.

Mark

it is Hunting Sports Plus. They are out of blue springs missouri. They have land in kansas, nebraska, iowa, missouri and some in south dakota. You pay a membership price and then pay a yearly membership. Don't get me wrong i had some good hunts on their properties in kansas and missouri ( when there were birds in missouri). I think the initial is like a 1000.00 and then 1200.00 per year. But you can take your kids. I did see a guy advertising a initial membership for 500.00 or best offer. I know they allow transfer as long as dues are current.

i would be concerned with the owner that has never hunted or fished a day in his life. He was a bank repo man before he decided to start a hunting club

Here is my knowledge of HSP, Mid America and Base Camp outfitters. I waterfowl hunt and have lost land I once used to hunt to I believe all three. 2 for sure.

Sucks to be poor and not able to afford to lease. Most of these were leased for deer hunting and hunted only a couple of weeks out of the year. Unfortunately the lease is a yearly deal so no other hunting is allowed. Perhaps as hunters decline and money get tighter and tigter these types of organizations will go by the wayside due to lack of membership and no funding to lease anymore.

Kansascowboy what is the name of your guide service? Do you guide full time?

Back