Mid-America Hunting Association

beaglebob1

Anyone have any experiance with Mid-America Hunting Association ?

Last edited:
Anyone have any experiance with Mid-America Hunting Association ?

This is a lease company that has self guided hunts in 4 or 5 states.

are they out of independence missouri? or somewhere in missouri around there?

i used to belong when it was mid-america gamebird association. As with any group of this type i had good and bad experiences. I also used to hunt in a group by the name of Hunting Sports Plus or HSP. Both of these outfits are out of Mo. and advertise all kinds of land for there hunters. But you still have to scout and plan. There were plenty of times i reserved land only to find a dirt field or a field of winter wheat. But i have found that 12-1500.00 a year is a lot of money for 2-3 outings. Heck i shot a bunch of birds on public land this year in south dakota and kansas. Mostly late season which i prefer anyway. I am sort of looking for a small lease for pheasant hunting if anyone knows of one or is interested in going in together. I would think 5 or six of us together could get a farm and have 2-3 nice outings for far less. tom

ya i kno they lease a corn field here south of town where i live in kansas.. and it has no value for any hunting other than waterfowl. ive talked to a couple waterfowl clients that ive guided and they used to belong to the club and didnt have very many good things to say about it. other than that i know nothing of them.

ya i kno they lease a corn field here south of town where i live in kansas.. and it has no value for any hunting other than waterfowl. ive talked to a couple waterfowl clients that ive guided and they used to belong to the club and didnt have very many good things to say about it. other than that i know nothing of them.

Good to know. I live 40 miles east of Cincinnati OH and anyplace to travel for wild birds is going to be 7-18 hrs one way. Can do it 3-4 times a season 3 days hunting at a time. Trying to up the odds for some measure of success traveling that kind of distance.:)

yea i understand wanting to increase your chance of success as much as possible. I do know that the decent properties that are in the clubs are usually pressured far less than decent public ground, especially late in the season. At least HSP offers hunting for your kids included in the price. Although I live much closer, because of work and other constraints, i would like to make the most of my opportunities.

yea i understand wanting to increase your chance of success as much as possible. I do know that the decent properties that are in the clubs are usually pressured far less than decent public ground, especially late in the season. At least HSP offers hunting for your kids included in the price. Although I live much closer, because of work and other constraints, i would like to make the most of my opportunities.

Who is HSP?

it is Hunting Sports Plus. They are out of blue springs missouri. They have land in kansas, nebraska, iowa, missouri and some in south dakota. You pay a membership price and then pay a yearly membership. Don't get me wrong i had some good hunts on their properties in kansas and missouri ( when there were birds in missouri). I think the initial is like a 1000.00 and then 1200.00 per year. But you can take your kids. I did see a guy advertising a initial membership for 500.00 or best offer. I know they allow transfer as long as dues are current.

it is Hunting Sports Plus. They are out of blue springs missouri. They have land in kansas, nebraska, iowa, missouri and some in south dakota. You pay a membership price and then pay a yearly membership. Don't get me wrong i had some good hunts on their properties in kansas and missouri ( when there were birds in missouri). I think the initial is like a 1000.00 and then 1200.00 per year. But you can take your kids. I did see a guy advertising a initial membership for 500.00 or best offer. I know they allow transfer as long as dues are current.

sounds better than mid america

from what i gathered from the guy i talked to he acted like hsp was a better operation.

Mid America Hunting Association

I have been a member for just over 10 years. I used to knock on doors and hunt public land before that. MAHA gives me better land and more dog on bird action for both pheasant and quail than i did on my own. I have read several posts from folks that do not know what they are talking about. I will not trade my hunting with MAHA to go back to WIHA, public or knock on doors.

I have been a member for just over 10 years. I used to knock on doors and hunt public land before that. MAHA gives me better land and more dog on bird action for both pheasant and quail than i did on my own. I have read several posts from folks that do not know what they are talking about. I will not trade my hunting with MAHA to go back to WIHA, public or knock on doors.

I was thinking about joining with another hunter in my area.
Can you give more detail of what and where you hunt?
Thx B Green

Mid America Hunting Association

Hi Bobby,

On where I hunt I do have some spots that are favored areas mostly in NC Kansas due to more quail. In my older age i can take the tall grass hunting for pheasants about two days a a time. The way pheasant numbers have been high recently along with a better than average dog bagging four in 1/2 day happens enough that it drives me back to quail. A long way of saying that both south and NW Kansas are/have been good on pheasant and NC on quail. My current dog gets me a handful of coveys a day with a lot more points. My travel time keeps to about two trips a year. Should get more in once the job settles down some.

Hi Bobby,

On where I hunt I do have some spots that are favored areas mostly in NC Kansas due to more quail. In my older age i can take the tall grass hunting for pheasants about two days a a time. The way pheasant numbers have been high recently along with a better than average dog bagging four in 1/2 day happens enough that it drives me back to quail. A long way of saying that both south and NW Kansas are/have been good on pheasant and NC on quail. My current dog gets me a handful of coveys a day with a lot more points. My travel time keeps to about two trips a year. Should get more in once the job settles down some.

DS that is good to hear. I have 12 adult GSP and EPs and a litter of EPs coming at the end of the month and have plenty of dog power.LOL
I think two of us will join this year. We guide here in Ohio on several put and take clubs and we train pups and even our old dogs daily. I have a few young Field Champions and some open dogs we are running this spring and summer. We are in the process of starting a NASTRA and UFTA club in my area. I raise tons of quail and they are flight conditioned so they fly better than most. Saves on calling so many safetys on a cast. I have 35 acres that we work our dogs on and it would also be able to host a trial or two.
If we join maybe we can hook up with you this fall.:cheers:

MAHA - Mid America Hunting Association

Sounds a lot like what we do in VA. Just no wild birds at all. Save a few grouse we walk miles for with some woodcock. Mostly go up to PA for that. Did take farther trips north until MAHA came along. Just no comparison to the open land quail and pheasant to that of 1/2 second time for a shot on a grouse. I spend as much time just wondering about day dreaming or watching my dogs. Much different than making sure I have a backup set of batteries for my GPS when going after grouse. I get on more wild birds in one short trip out to Kansas than anyone I know out here on grouse the whole season. I am not going to bite on your offer to team up on a hunt. I enjoy my dogs too much and you have a bit too much dog power for me. You will do fine. Go where the Johns, the two that run the show, tell you and you will get into birds. I did better on later trips than the first. It was all about getting used to the terrain/cover. Never knew what grass was until I saw their grass. Never saw milo before. All of that seems old now. Even my one dog knows milo. Once she sees it she runs right to it.

here we go again somebody who has no first hand experience wanting others to believe scuttlebutt

Back