Marshall Fire- lost 30 years of hunting and fishing gear

CO Hunter

Unfortunately my family is one of the 1000 that lost their home last week in the Marshall Fire. Our house was in Louisville, where over 500 were lost. We were out of town for my wife’s mother’s funeral so we didn’t get a chance to grab a single thing. The saving grace is that we drove and have our dog with us- can’t even think about the other scenario. While I will eventually be able to replace rifles, shotguns, fly rods, boots, etc. I lost my entire reloading bench too- the craziness of the shortage of components over the last few years makes ironically those lost items feel irreplaceable. If anyone has any components that they would be willing to part with for fair pricing, I would be grateful. In preparation for eventually replacing shotguns and gear- I would be looking for Hodgdon Lil Gun, Longshot, Win 209s, Cheddite/Fiocchi 209s. I assume I will eventually be able to get hulls/shot/wads which is a bit easier to acquire. Also will need to replace (2) single stage MECs with dies for 28, 20, and 16 ga.
Thanks in advance for any components you might be able to part with to start the long process of rebuilding 30 years of hunting and fishing gear.

Will need rifle powder and primers too…just trying not to push my luck.

Matt

114116A6-0EA2-474F-899B-525CF6AA1AB5.jpegF775BB75-8A3B-49C5-9D1B-BE1AC17EE1EB.jpeg

Attachments

• 3EC366BF-5A94-4B29-BB7A-924EB90FD564.jpeg
    3EC366BF-5A94-4B29-BB7A-924EB90FD564.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 30
I’m too far away in Montana to help you with components but my prayers go out to you and your family.

I am very sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine your loss. Glad that you were all safe.

Powder Valley has both Little Gun and Longshot in stock at a reasonable price. Can’t help with the MECs but will keep my eyes peeled. Primers will be a stretch rarer than hens teeth right now.

What rifle powders are you looking for?

Thanks, I’ll check PV out. It might just settle for pre-primed hulls for the foreseeable future.

Well, I had a 280 ack that liked H4831/sc and Fed 210s or the match primer…I’m guessing I’ll get the same caliber, but not as certain as the shotgun replacement gauges.

Thanks again for the kind words and help. It’s a huge loss for my family, but over time I expect we will find some silver linings.

Nothing could be much worse than losing your home. Don't take this wrong, but I can't imagime losing my home, all the contents and being worried about a several thousand dollars of reloading components and equipment. I wish you well on gathering up components, dealing with insurance, buying a new home, clothing and essentials you and your family will require.

Nothing could be much worse than losing your home. Don't take this wrong, but I can't imagime losing my home, all the contents and being worried about a several thousand dollars of reloading components and equipment. I wish you well on gathering up components, dealing with insurance, buying a new home, clothing and essentials you and your family will require.
I lost my house in a flood in 94. Although I did salvage a few things we were forced out in a very short time. I seemed to worry about small things because the enormity of replacing everything was too much to get my head around. One good thing about it was my first wife ended up separating shortly afterwards so there was a silver lining. 😀😀

Sorry about your loss. I know it is a lot to take in but it takes time.

Very sorry for your loss. I don’t reload so I can’t help you there. Glad you and your family are OK. Thoughts, prayers, and well wishes your way.

Ballistic Products periodically has Cheddite primers. Have to keep checking their website and when they are "available", put in your order. US primers are likely not going to be available for the reloading public this year at all. Vista Products (CCI, Remington, Federal) just put out a news release regarding their upcoming price increases and noted that they aren't accepting orders for primers at all. Powders are available, but you have to keep monitoring the suppliers or you will miss out. Wads are readily available for most gauges from suppliers such as Recobs. Sportsman's Warehouse often has shot.

Though they won't replace what you lost, our thoughts and prayers are with you. What a loss!

CO Hunter,

Sorry for your loss, I have seen this destruction first hand from the firelines, thankfully your family is safe. I do have have a Mec 600 Jr 12ga you are welcome to have send me a pm with your address and I will ship it out to you.

Miforester

I have an assortment of reloading equipment and products that I have stored away that don’t fit my current hunting needs. Private message me and I can perhaps help get you started with a few things.

I am so sorry about your home Matt. I live in Aurora and did not hear about the fire until about 8:30 that night and watched the coverage
in horror as it played out. I reload only 12GA. Send me a PM with your cell and we can talk about what I can help you out with.
Tom

Very sorry for your great loss. My house was in a 500 year flood in 2010. It takes a while before life gets back to some sort of normal. Try and take one day at a time.

Where did you end-up hanging your hat? Real estate has been crazy since COVID, and with all the displaced families, I can only imagine what that did to the local market, add the shortage of building materials and high prices, it just compounds a terrible situation. Buying or rebuilding in your immediate area could both be difficult I am guessing. Hope life is slowing down for you now, guessing shooting & reloading has taken a back seat to most everything now.

Back