Looking for a new to me 28 gauge. Reccomendations.

Goose, I agree with Chestle, but at this point in the season with pheasant ending on Jan. 1, just shoot your 12 gauge, and next summer hit the pattern board with your uppity Italian 28 and then determine what ranges you are comfortable at. Stop wounding birds and stop telling us the chokes you will shoot in that gucci gun. Save that for next year after you've figured it out on the pattern plate!

Come on and listen to yourself. You are not gonna try it even half of a time on rooost. Pick up your made in USA Remington 11-87 12 gauge, get some high brass magnums for $12 bucks, and go kill some birds graveyard dead. Your old dog will thank you, and puppy too.
Yeah that 1187 has been money for me for 25 years.Fits me like a glove. Always cycles fast.I do like using different guns.The 1187 ,well I havnt lost any birds.

Goose, I agree with Chestle, but at this point in the season with pheasant ending on Jan. 1, just shoot your 12 gauge, and next summer hit the pattern board with your uppity Italian 28 and then determine what ranges you are comfortable at. Stop wounding birds and stop telling us the chokes you will shoot in that gucci gun. Save that for next year after you've figured it out on the pattern plate!
Yes I agree, I hate leaving it because it's beautiful, but it doesn't have range.

You are questioning the ability of a 28ga to put down a rooster DRT at 15 yards.

If you have trouble killing a pheasant at 15 yards with a 28ga (even with 7/8oz of 5s ) it’s not a problem with the gauge.

There’s gotta be another reason. Gun fit? Are you a tall guy shooting a short stocked Italian 28, with your eye sitting high over the rib?

Not patterning the gun with the chokes and loads you are using?

You just didn’t center the pattern on the bird?

Lifting your head off the stock? Something.

Because centering the 28ga pattern ON the bird at 15 yards will definitely put their beak permanently in the dirt.
6-2.Long arms.Missing link Neanderthal on the Canadian.

Damn aren't you guys about done with the 28 gage horse hockey. It ain't enough gun for most people to kill roodies, the average guy needs a12 gage and a open choke. Ok we can move to something else now.
Average people don't hunt with 28s. Well above average use 20s and exceptional people use 28s. The top .01% use 410s!

Back