Live Pheasant Photos

I really like your photos, Nick. I think turning your VR on will make them even better. It's tough to get good crisp shots when the sun is so low. Which lens are you using?

I really like your photos, Nick. I think turning your VR on will make them even better. It's tough to get good crisp shots when the sun is so low. Which lens are you using?

Thank you Hettmoe (and others too).

I'm using a Nikon DX 55-300mm lens. I think when the birds are that far away from the camera a tripod may be necessary:confused:

I'm putting the red focus dot on their head(s) but as soon as I "click" I can see the dot moving off of the bird.

Yesterday I tried to slowly walk to the back of the truck to rest the camera on the bed but as soon as I got out they took off for the cover.

Nick,
I think you should maybe try to put your Auto Focus to single point, and S. That's what seems to work for me, especially when the birds are on the ground.
I experiment with 3-D and Auto when they are in flight, at times, but I find that I do better with the above settings...

How do you get it on single point?

Nick
PM sent:)
image_1.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

Wow. The sunlight really makes that bird glow. Amazing photos!!

Nick

Back