Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Hopefully these will load. 1.) My new pup Maggie Mae at 6.3 mo. (Her first hunt) 2.)My go-to dog Bobbie 9.7 yo. 3.) The master and her pupil

My dog Quill

Quill is technically a deutsch drahthaar, fancy for wirehair pointer. He is 18 months. We hunt every opportunity that we can. This was our first bird of the season a young rooster shot on Fort Riley. The birds here are hard running and like to flush wild. My pictures of Quill on point are too big to post. Hopefully I can get some more under 1 Mb and get them posted.

Thanks JMB! About 4yrs ago my wife bought me a little Pentax Optio. It's only 4 megapixel, but I shoot as large as it allows. At the time it was the only water-resistant camera she could find at a reasonable price. I was skeptical at first, but after a few sessions afield it won me over. I wear it on a lanyard around my neck with my whistle and it's always on hand for the moments that need to be captured. It seems durable after the number of tumbles I seem to take. I did a beautiful face plant just last Monday and it took a beating. Here's another moment with my Britt "Bob" who is also the rare breed "Water Brittany"

Thanks JMB! About 4yrs ago my wife bought me a little Pentax Optio. It's only 4 megapixel, but I shoot as large as it allows. At the time it was the only water-resistant camera she could find at a reasonable price. I was skeptical at first, but after a few sessions afield it won me over. I wear it on a lanyard around my neck with my whistle and it's always on hand for the moments that need to be captured. It seems durable after the number of tumbles I seem to take. I did a beautiful face plant just last Monday and it took a beating. Here's another moment with my Britt "Bob" who is also the rare breed "Water Brittany"

Yeah CB, that Optio's the way to go for outdoors shots. I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of converting a copy of your first shot to a Photoshop Cutout. It's an awesome shot that makes a nice Cutout too. Bob & Maggie look like a couple of great dogs.

Thanks VDD. Kind words. I'm sure your Wirehair is and will be a great companion and bird getter too. I have a good hunt'n buddy who breeds and trains wirehairs, and I came within a few days of owning one. But alas, I'm a Brittany man through and through and my fourth is trying to chew my desk chair as I type. Bob's been a dog of a lifetime. She's my third Britt and the first I trained from the ground up. She handles water and ice like a lab, and thinks cattails were invented for her playground. She automatically heads for the thickest cover, because that's where the fun is. However last April the country's leading veterinary oncologist at Iowa State University said she'd never see June because of a tumor on her tail-bone. Long story short... after a pick-up bed full of money and a c.a.t. scan and a 2hr surgery, they said they missed the call and basically lanced a boil on her butt. So this season HAS been special. I carry my camera on each and every outing. She'll have probably one more good season in her, so Maggie has big paws to fill. I hope your dog has half the heart that Bobbie has and if he does, you have a real hunting dog.

Here are a couple of pics of my two dogs. Jill the pup is 5 months and Jack is 2 yrs.

Here is Jack.
IMG_2475.jpg

And Jill the puppy
IMG_2624.jpg

Chip:cheers:

Jack looks like great hunter :)

Thanks HJ, Jack is turning out to be a great hunter, he will just be three this August, and is probably going to be the best shorthair I have owned as of yet. We'll see what he is as a producer soon. Here are a few other pics.

DSC01568.jpg

jack39.jpg

jack33.jpg

Enjoy,
Chip :cheers:

I must be the only pointer guy here! That's cool. Here are a couple of mine.

Big Roy.

WhiteBoy-2.jpg

One of my derby dogs Jessie.

jessie3.jpg

Another derby dog Misti.

nice3.jpg

Dog Eyes Tasty Cooked Birds

Your dog looks so sweet. The action shot proves she's a performer too. Beautiful.

Did she get a bit of duck or goose? She deserved it.

Hahah - she's sure got that "tilted head - I'm so darned cute - don't you want to give me a piece of roast duck" face down pat in all of those pictures! It works too - she always manages to get a chunk of my sandwich during hunts and a little taste of whatever she flushed or retreived when we cook it up! She's got my number, that's for sure! :rolleyes:
-Croc

Back