Lets see those late season KANSAS Hunting Photos.

Last day of the season

Here are a few pics of the last day of the season here in KS.

Gunner 8 months at the time
DSC00251-1.jpg

Gunner not backing quite so well on my older dog Scout.

DSC00246.jpg

Hey muddycreek great pictures. Do you work for Muddycreek kennels in jasper mo? Because my dad baught a female from there about 4 years ago and she looks just like gunner in those pictures. Muddy creek is one hell of an operation and has great website. Great looking dogs and great hunting dogs because I hunt behind one of them almost every weekend with my dad. he loves her.

I do not have any affiliation to Muddycreek kennels. The name comes from a creek in West central MN where I grew up and learned to hunt. Thanks for the compliments on the pics, I will try and get a few more up soon.

Hey muddycreek great pictures. Do you work for Muddycreek kennels in jasper mo? Because my dad baught a female from there about 4 years ago and she looks just like gunner in those pictures. Muddy creek is one hell of an operation and has great website. Great looking dogs and great hunting dogs because I hunt behind one of them almost every weekend with my dad. he loves her.

I live about 10 miles south of their kennel, never been up there, but work with a guy that has bought from him, he had nothing but praise. Your words kind of encourage me to go take a look and see what they've got, as I'm in the market for a new pup.

Great pics everybody.

Great Pic and Dog

Not exactly inline with the forum topic, but still a pretty cool photo. This is my younger dog leaping at a flushing hen that my older Brittany had on point. Not really good behavior for a Brittany, but it made a neat photo.

MollyBustincrop.jpg

Nothing wrong with that dog in my opinion.

First KS hunt

This was my first and only trip to Kansas. What a great state and a great hunt. I'm already booked for next year.

We did self guided hunts on WIHA's. Never took a limit, but had the opportunity and lots of fun.

Chocolate head- What part of the state did you hunt?

NW, near Wakeeney. We did better south of Wakeeney than north. Everyone was having success near Hill City, EXCEPT US. On the drive in we started hunting NE of Salina, until we got to Wakeeney. We did well on pheasant and quail, but we were tired from driving all night.

This is me and my boy Tucker the last weekend of Jan. 08 and our last hunt together. He was just shy of 12 at the time. He was in great shape and I was looking forward to the 08/09 season when he was diagnosed with cancer in Oct. He passed away 12/30/08. I miss you buddy!

Sadie and Lily

Sorry to hear about Tucker. Lost Sadie this year too.

Been too busy to type but am trying to keep up with you guys in Kansas. I am starting to feel weird about thinking off you as buddies when you don't have a clue who I am.

Pictures are of Sadie and Lily who was suppose to learn the ropes with the master. Sadie kept a watchful eye on her till the end. Sadie was diagnosed last summer and given til the end of October. She made it thru til the end of February. The cancer didn't slow her down until the last day.

The picture with just Sadie is in New Mexico. The picture with the two girls was Sadie's last bird and Lily's first. Sadie let her help bring it back. We were two hours south of Graham county where we hunted for two days. We were hunting our way back to Albuquerque. I have the picture framed with two tail feathers.

Trying to plan two trips to Kansas this year - can't wait.

View attachment 366

View attachment 367

View attachment 368

View attachment 369

Held back this long trying to keep the glory alive and maybe beat back the heat a little with snow pictures from a 10 degree day in January 2009.

2vb0fpd.jpg

The birds were a long time coming for a canine-challenged (read: dogless) hunter who went more than one outing without an in-range flush.

2n1dncz.jpg

A half dozen ringneck roosters obliged this day; four of them had mortal collisions with number four shot. Nary a hen was seen.

The next day saw melting snow, but there were still some sights.

2uo6xoh.jpg

118g9yr.jpg

10zr5v7.jpg

k0iplj.jpg

Back