Lets see those late season KANSAS Hunting Photos.

Where . . . ?

South Central in a grass field bordered by milo on one end and corn on the other. Time of day was late morning to mid-afternoon.

The birds were making good use of deer trails. At one point, a buck and a rooster jumped up together.

I'd read about pheasants "doubling back," so it was interesting to be able to see in the fresh snow how they moved . . . which included some sharp, cut back turns of around 135°.

Most flushes came after the hunter stopped moving. The zig-zag and pause advice seems pretty right-on . . . at least for the situation and conditions of that late season day.

here are our pics from SW Kansas hunting 2008

Here are some pics...been hunting down and around Dodge city, cimarron, Ingalls since 1996...

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. I sure do enjoy. Sorry to hear about Tucker and Sadie:( Hope you continue to have a GREAT year and good luck.:cheers:

stick27Jan09032.jpg

stick27Jan09044.jpg

Nice pics M. R. BIRD! Thanks for sharing.:10sign:

This was from opening weekend last year, Sam and duke both were a little over two years old and had a really excellent weekend, was looking forward to heading to south dakota the next weekend but duke went and tried to play chicken on the highway and lost. Its tough to lose a best friend but I guess thats what new puppys are for!

Sorry to hear about Duke.:( I lost a Shorthair last year just before the season opened and was not a fun thing! Hope you have a great season and good luck!:cheers:

Back