Last hunt of the year

goldeneye

I forgot to post up a few pics. But Dakota Zeb reminded me.
We hunted in SW MN had a heck of a time not a lot of birds but lunch in the field with dogs and guns is always fun:thumbsup:

There was three guys and 4 dogs we had plenty of dog power Zeb said.
This is a picture of Flint the day before the hunt I didn't get any of him other wise.
007-4.jpg

Zeb in action:thumbsup:
002-7.jpg

Then a picture of the end of the day. Maybe next time we'll just take pictures of the dogs:D
014-1.jpg

Fantastic!

Where were you guys at? I hunted between Luverne and Worthington and the only thing we kicked up were a few hens and a coyote! A fitting end to a poor season!! :(

Where were you guys at? I hunted between Luverne and Worthington and the only thing we kicked up were a few hens and a coyote! A fitting end to a poor season!! :(

We were hunting in the Canby area on private land. I grew up and graduated from high school in Canby. Still have a few contacts for some private land hunts. Overall the birds were down around Canby this year. Some of the land we normally hunt contained zero birds. But we did find a couple farms that had a few birds. I hunted with friends around canby 3 times this year. Since I moved to Watertown, SD it's only a 45 mintue drive.

All the land I hunted was private too as I'm from Luverne and it was a horrible year. The farmers all said that they saw the fewest birds being kicked up by combining the corn that they could remember. Hopefully this mild winter will help them come back.

Great pics guys. Sure nice to see and read about that area of Mn. That's the kind of area I grew up and hunted in. I miss it, had enough of the big woods lake filled country. Time to move back to that kind of area

Mitch how did you guys do on Sat?

Lee, Rick stayed at my place Friday night but due to the weather forecast of 25-35 mph winds gusting to 45 on Saturday we bagged hunting. I called Mitch and he also decided to bag it. Unfortunately, the winds didn't come up until about 1:00 PM on Sat. and it was really nice in the AM. Damn weaterman screwed me out of my last hunt of the year!!:mad:

Back