Lab Replacement

No CMNRC has there own grounds. Northern flight, four points, and land o lakes retriever clubs train at Kelly Farms. Kelly farms is a beautiful piece of property but doesn't have the "technical" water like central

What is technical water? If Kelly doesn't have it then why do three other retriever clubs train there?

Just curious.......

cr

What is technical water? If Kelly doesn't have it then why do three other retriever clubs train there?

Just curious.......

cr

Technical water is man made ponds with multiple points, islands, and channels used to train advanced principals. Like decheating, or multiple exit/entrance retrieves.

Kelly farms is huge maybe 1500 acres with many natural ponds and rolling hills. I don't know what access costs the clubs but I believe it's only a couple thousand dollars a year. Kelly farm offers different terrain than CMNRC or Benton Retreiver grounds. Many guys myself included belong to multiple clubs to have access to multiple facility's.

Benton Retreiver grounds has a system of dykes/damns and culverts that connect all the ponds to a commen well that runs 24/7 during dry periods to keep the ponds properly filled.

They all have pluses and minuses. Now if you want really nice grounds..... Some of the local private grounds are unbelievable. Access is tough and you better be ready to shoot fliers or plant blinds all day to run your dog. Trust me it's worth it. Pens full of ducks, pheasants, pigeons, manicured grass, knee high grass, cattail stands. These places have it all.

Technical water is man made ponds with multiple points, islands, and channels used to train advanced principals.
Like decheating, or multiple exit/entrance retrieves.

Kelly farms is huge maybe 1500 acres with many natural ponds and rolling hills. I don't know what access costs the clubs but I believe it's only a couple thousand dollars a year. Kelly farm offers different terrain than CMNRC or Benton Retreiver grounds. Many guys myself included belong to multiple clubs to have access to multiple facility's.

Benton Retreiver grounds has a system of dykes/damns and culverts that connect all the ponds to a commen well that runs 24/7 during dry periods to keep the ponds properly filled.

They all have pluses and minuses. Now if you want really nice grounds..... Some of the local private grounds are unbelievable. Access is tough and you better be ready to shoot fliers or plant blinds all day to run your dog. Trust me it's worth it. Pens full of ducks, pheasants, pigeons, manicured grass, knee high grass, cattail stands. These places have it all.

I've been to Kelly several times, nice grounds. It sounds like technical water is more for FT prep work?

cr

Covey, are you having troubles getting on V-dog forum too?

It is super slow. Then when it does let me on........to post takes forever and day. They are good people there, I am sure they will get it sorted out soon.

Maybe, they thought it was too much of a hassle to install Tapatalk into the program. I tried to get them to add it last year when I didn't have a computer. Definitely lots of good people there.

Back