join a south dakota hunt ?

iowa labs

i am planning a hunt in south dakota on public ground dec 13-18. would any of you care to tag along or meet up there?:cheers:

i am planning a hunt in south dakota on public ground dec 13-18. would any of you care to tag along or meet up there?:cheers:

Chris, be there if I can. Let me know.

I was going to head back on the 14th, but twist my arm a little and help me with an excuse for my wife, and I could probably extend a day or so.

s.d.hunt

dakotazeb it would be great to hunt with you and your dogs again:thumbsup:. my first sd hunt will be nov 17-21 i'll give you a call or text both trips since i know you live in the (promised land). carptom1 how do any of these sound? but honey the dogs aren't tired yet, or i've got to many shells left to come home now, just one more spot left to hunt but it's a big one;), maybe even but the hotel over charged me one night so i might as well stay:D. both of you i'll keep in touch and hope to see you there! :cheers:

Hi Chris,

Still tentatively planning on this date and another hunt with you and your pack of Labs...considering Faulkton as a home base? We did develop one private land contact last year, perhaps we can contact him again. I have his phone number et al.

sd hunt

yes jon i'm looking forward to another hunt with MAX (jons dog) :D. ah heck you probly better come along also:thumbsup:. i'm not sure on the home base yet. my nov. hunt will tell me where the birds are. :cheers:

dakotazeb it would be great to hunt with you and your dogs again:thumbsup:. my first sd hunt will be nov 17-21 i'll give you a call or text both trips since i know you live in the (promised land). carptom1 how do any of these sound? but honey the dogs aren't tired yet, or i've got to many shells left to come home now, just one more spot left to hunt but it's a big one;), maybe even but the hotel over charged me one night so i might as well stay:D. both of you i'll keep in touch and hope to see you there! :cheers:

I like those. I probably will need to buy more shells as bad as I can shoot sometimes. Can't have too many Labs in a field:D My wife's pretty cool. We are going on a family trip to san antonio the week after christmas, so she should be in a pretty fair mood.

If the hunting in Eastern CO turns out to be as bad as some of the predictions I've heard so far, my 1.5 yr old lab Parker and I might want to join you. It would be great to meet some of you distant UPH folks. Have lab---will travel.
Tom

Hunting002-sm.jpg

My Golden and I are looking to hunt later in the season. We are hunting the second weekend and are looking for the second part of the Lic. :D

s.d.hunt

pairolabs if that pup grows into his feet you can ride him:eek:. due to work i had to change my plans a lil dec 8-12 or 9-13 which ever works. gpowers what part of minn do you live in? i'm not real picky about mixing breeds pointer or flusher we can all work together and get some shooting.:cheers:

pairolabs if that pup grows into his feet you can ride him:eek:. due to work i had to change my plans a lil dec 8-12 or 9-13 which ever works. gpowers what part of minn do you live in? i'm not real picky about mixing breeds pointer or flusher we can all work together and get some shooting.:cheers:

I'm in the west metro of Mpls... out by Jonny.:thumbsup:

My Golden works fine with other dogs, she knows what she is there to do. Hunted her last year at age 1 with a pointer...she just did her job and retrieved every bird that the pointer wouldnt pick up.:D
I flexable on dates as long as I know in advance, just getting back into the game and the guys that I used to hunt with only seem to want to kill big game anymore....:confused:

I.L. "Little" Parker is now 85 lbs and is built for "high ground clearance". He's hunted with flushers and pointers. So far, in the wild bird fields, he has only pointed hens and hot spots. He points well on planted pen-raised birds-chukar and pheasants-hens and roosters. I'm looking forward to his sophomore season. I'll keep in touch through the season.

Another pic
Parker-Yuma010RSm.jpg

POL

Back