It's official...sort of.

JMc

Super Moderator
Well after 38 years and a major school board turnover, I've officially retired. 13 years as a teacher/coach, 14 as a principal, and 11 as a superintendent. It was a great run. However, and with a partner, I have started an educational consulting group and are as busy as heck. Check us out at www.edexconsulting.com. Hopefully, I'll have more time to spend in the field with my GSP's Jax and Duke. I'm planning on hitting KS and SD this year. Be on the lookout for me and my doggos.

Congrats JMc on what appears to be a well deserved retirement! It seems everyone i know who has retired is busy after retirement then when working, but the key is they now work at their own pace/schedule.

Congrats on the retirement. It's been a tough couple of years to be in k-12 education field. Enjoy the time in the field, and good luck with your new business venture.

Congratulations! Now that you are "retired" I'll bet you find you are busier than when you were working a full time job. I've retired multiple times and always found more than enough to do, but finally I'm fully "retired" and just enjoying life. Don't let your new ventures over-ride your hunting. Life is too short!

I retired a couple of years ago from a career as a teacher and administrator in Texas public schools. I’ve since been urged out of retirement on a part time basis and work 90 days/year as a Career Tech Director. I’ve found that’s about the right number of days for me to work in order to support my bird dog addiction and allow me to travel and hunt.

Congratulations on your retirement! You’ll probably find yourself wondering why you didn’t do this years ago.

I'm staying pretty busy with the consulting work and have been named Interim Assistant Superintendent in Vernon, TX. I'm training some employees to take over by July 1...??? I work three days a week at an hourly rate, with travel, lodging and per diem. Not a bad deal for now. I still enjoy helping schools out.

Congratulations JMc! That's an exceptional career! Enjoy the extra time you have to pursue your soul-invigorating time outdoors! Retirement is looming for me in a few years. I can't say that I'll want to retire. I just know my anatomy isn't as resilient as it once was and a younger man could do some of the things I have quit doing. I'm not satisfied with where I have my area right now. I'm working diligently to get it there!

Back