Ithaca-SKB

Florida Man

I just found a mint condition Ithaca-SKB, 12ga. choked Mod/IC. I took it home, haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but it fits and handles well. Can anyone give me any practical experience advice or stories about one? I thought I would try it on pheasants this fall.

They are a fantastic good quality SxS that will last most a lifetime and beyond. I rite them right there with a Browning BSS. I think you will enjoy it very much, if you shoot it well. I don't shoot SxS's very well. The wide sight plain just doesn't work well for me. Others can shoot them without a hitch.

Congrats, I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Onpoint

I have one an over under choked mod and full and i could not be more happy with it. I'm sure I could spend more money and find a "nicer" gun but ill keep the money in my pocket and keep hunting with that. My dad also has one in if/m and I like taking his when I'm on preserve hunts...when he isn't going cause if he is nobody but him is using that gun. I think you will really like it.

I just found a mint condition Ithaca-SKB, 12ga. choked Mod/IC. I took it home, haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but it fits and handles well. Can anyone give me any practical experience advice or stories about one? I thought I would try it on pheasants this fall.

As others have already said, the SKB/Ithaca's were some excellent guns. Quality was way up there. Was this gun a SxS or O/U?? What model?

Post us some pics!!!!

I forgot to add when I was talking about my dads and my gun I have a 600 he has a 500 and having shot both I like both of them.

Thanks for the info. Mine is a SxS, M-100. It has extractors, not ejectors and as I said in my post, it is in mint condition. Does not appear to have ever been in the field. I plan to work on that! It dosen't sound like I have anything to look out for or be concerned about as far as operation goes. I will try and post pictures. I hope to get it to the range in a week or so and at least pattern it.

I have two O/U's one in 20 ga and one in 12ga. I outshoot myself everytime with the twenty over the twelve! It just fits me better I guess. I really like them both and have had no as in zero problems with either! Fine guns!

I have had a 20ga. SXS for 40 yrs and it is a fine, high quality gun. I have shot 1000's of birds, (grouse and pheasants) with it without a hitch. If you can shoot a SXS you should love it.

Thanks, Duppy. I am OK with SxSs and I really like the looks of them. I am better with O/Us and I guess that is because of the narrow vs wide sight plane. I still haven't gotten to the range with this one yet but the way it feels and handles in my hands I have high hopes for it and it will accompany me to Kansas for opening weekend this year. I would love to find a 20ga to go with it.

Great!

I have a Ithaca/SKB 200E 20 ga. Imp. Cyl & Mod. that belonged to my dad. It's a great gun, I have used it for Grouse hunting. It is one of the real sleepers out there in double guns. You will love it.

Lock and Load! :D

I owned a model 100 in12. Great gun, my first sxs shotgun and it went from there. Only down side for me was it was the mod/ full and it was realistically much tighter, and I went to a gun with tubes. For most upland it was too tight, but he'll on wheels on sage grouse! You won't be disappointed, and might find your inner sxs guy.....

I purchased a used 300X SKB autoloader several years ago, and have not regretted it. In fact, it has been one of the best guns I own. Never a problem in the field, whether I am shooting low or high base. The original barrel was an IC, and I used it mostly for Bobs and Doves here in Oklahoma. Recently purchased a 30 inch IC/Mod barrel and will be taking it to SD next fall for Grouse/Chickens and Pheasant. No matter the weather conditions it has always cycled w/out a problem. If you have, one don't sell it; if you can purchase one, don't hesitate buying it, it is very durable.

Back