In the dog house

PTM

My buddies sold me their boat, a 14 foot Valco Westcoaster. I was instantly barraged with question such as:
1. I though you said we can't afford to go to Disneyland?
2. I thought you said we couldn't afford to remodel our bathroom or update our basement?
3. Why do you need two boats?
Sometimes a man has to buy something when the right deal comes along. Shallow water fish look out. Westcoast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0414161933_0001_zpsrnbtvf2k.jpg

valco3_zpsmhkyzxc8.jpg

valco_zps6ozx3abi.jpg

Last edited:
Man. One of these days I too will get the guts to do such things. I'm still at the point it's not worth the wrath.

Will you keep us informed on how this turns out for you in the near future?:D

Thanks.

David0311

Man. One of these days I too will get the guts to do such things. I'm still at the point it's not worth the wrath.

Thanks.

:) same as training a puppy--start with basic obedience :rolleyes::)

Let use know how that idea works out:cheers:

Instructions on remodeling a bathroom:

1. Take one bathroom.

2. Add money.

I literally laughed out loud at that one. Just change #1, and those instructions could be adapted for a lot of projects. :thumbsup:

Happy Wife Strategy

Thanks.

I've only been married for 14 years, so maybe some of the older guys can weigh in... My strategy for things like boats, vehicles, toys, and dogs has always been to float the idea for awhile before I do it. Doesn't matter if she agrees or disagrees, likes it or doesn't, I think it's just important to put the idea out there and let her get used to it.
:cheers:

Add up her shopping receipts. Then tell her that you just wanna spend half of that. U should be able and have permission to get whatever you want. It may make your wardrobe suffer.

good idea

HI Pat, can I send you some sticky notes to put on a couple of your nice over unders, so after your funeral, she will know what guns I should buy from your estate!!!!

I've only been married for 14 years, so maybe some of the older guys can weigh in... My strategy for things like boats, vehicles, toys, and dogs has always been to float the idea for awhile before I do it. Doesn't matter if she agrees or disagrees, likes it or doesn't, I think it's just important to put the idea out there and let her get used to it.
:cheers:

Ah yes. The acclamation technique. I used this method for my Sd trip last year.

Finally, after months of acclamation she gave me the green light---with dates to go. Work got very busy so I had to cancel my trip. "No problem" I told myself. I'll go over the New Years weekend instead.

So, that weekend I packed everything up. The dog was ready to rock and roll. She came home, saw my truck loaded up and then......well, she lost it. I had to pull the plug. It just wasn't worth the pain.

Lesson learned; no acclamation no trip:(

Lucky for me my daughter helps deflect some of the heat!!!! I can't believe no one has posted how awesome my little boat is.:) Her first walleye by the way, and she has already decided she wants to be a nun when she grows up!

IMG_0903_zpsa3jmgplj.jpg

Last edited:
Should have started the conversation by saying...."honey I bought our daughter a boat..."; works every time.

boat

new boat!
Patrick the smile of your daughter is price less, hopefully you've been on nelson snaking out some more walleye's!

good little duck boat it would seem to me on Bowdoin?

Sweet boat man! Now you can go on some more of those river adventures you were telling me about.:D Just don't put a hole in her like I did to the River Queen.:cheers:

Sweet boat man! Now you can go on some more of those river adventures you were telling me about.:D Just don't put a hole in her like I did to the River Queen.:cheers:

Looks just like my 16ft Tracker in KS about 10 years ago---I just forgot to plug the factory hole. :D

Back