I gotta switch dog food.

waggs

I gotta switch dog food. :mad:

Pro Plan performance is what I have been feeding.

I hate switching food, Have tried a few times in the past to save money. Always wound up back with Purina but now I gotta switch.:(

Just bought a bag of Innova to see how they do on that.

I'm open to suggestions.

waggs, I switched about 2 years ago from ProPlan to NutriSource and have been very happy. Here's their web site, give them a look:

http://www.nutrisourcedogfood.com/nutrisource

There is a "Where to Buy" link on the main page and it appears there are a lot of places in Michigan that handle it. Hopefully someone in your area. NutriSource is made in Perham, MN by the old Tuffy's Dog Food company. I like their ingredients and analysis. I have never read on bad thing about the company or their food. They also offer a Holistic and an Organic dog food if that perks your turkey. I feed the regular adult formula year round. I've tried the Performance and Super Performance but decided my Brittanys didn't need the added protein and fat.

Lots of other good brands out there and you have to feed what works for your dogs. Good luck, and if you do try NutriSource please let me know what you think.

It looks like you switched to one of the best dog foods, Innova. I use Wellness and it is one of the best also. If you want to save money quit hunting is the way I look at it.

Save your money and go with Kirkland (Costco) dog food. After doing the reasearch and talking with several friends who are vet profs/students at Washington State University it is the best money for the bang/bag unless you are willing to pay for the refrigerated or frozen dog foods that are mostly made of various raw meat products and those even have thier problems.

Team 68
---The reason I'm switching is soft stools. Just started a few bags ago. Like you ,I've been useing p.p.p for a long time too.

FCSpringer &IDPheasantKiller
---I have heard good things about Native and Cosco Kirkland Foods. Would love to try them but stores that sell them are just too far away.

Dakotazeb
--- After a few bags of what there on I will try NutriSource. I'll Keep ya posted.

In switching to any new brand you have to give your dog some time to adjust to the new food. You may experience some loose stools for a while until the dog makes the adjustment. Good luck and keep us posted.

dog food

When you change food keep some of the old and add a little more of new each day till the get use to it. Its when the change the formula on brand "new batch" that gives me the problems as you don't see it coming.

Native has been good for me. And I am fussy, even if it is good I still doubt it.

I just switched my boys to Native about 3 months ago. So far so good and it's a reasonable price too.

I had them on Royal Canine. That was the best stuff I've ever had my dogs on but at $65-$70 a bag it was getting to be a bit too much. Plus my grass had NO chance against their urine when they were on the Royal Canine diet:eek:

I feed my dogs native and they seem to do real well on it. It seems to be a pretty good price for what you are getting and I like the fact you can switch to the different levels. I used to feed nutrisource and liked that as well. I can't think of any problems I had with the nutrisource, but that was years ago.

Did Pro Plan change their ingredients?

Native has been good for me. And I am fussy, even if it is good I still doubt it.

Same here. Nice to be able to choose from Level 1,2,3 or 4 to match to your dogs specific caloric requirements.

Level 3 during the season and winter, level 2 during spring and summer.

Native has probably increased in price $15/bag since it hit the market a few years ago. But once you find a quality feed that works, personally, I don't have a problem with price. Within reason of course...

Last edited:
Back