Hunters, Birds, Internet?

There actually is good Sharptail hunting in areas of WY. Turkey hunting is great to in certain areas.
I think WY people with all the big game opportunities don't have much time for the small stuff.:confused:
I am leaving on the 12th for a couple days pheasants along the Yellowstone then South in the Wy to hunt Mulies.:cool:

Wyoming

I am headed to SE WY this Friday for a few days of chasing sharpies with my daughter. It will be her first multi-day hunt.

There are a few of us out here, although I don't think to many people know about this forum. I found it by sheer dumb luck.

There are birds in parts of the state. My Girlfriend's family is in an area where the population is good. Went there after the season and saw a dozen just driving around.. The family has private areas and they do quite well. The problem is that there are very few public access areas established for small game hunting.

There are a few of us out here, although I don't think to many people know about this forum. I found it by sheer dumb luck.

I don't care what kind of luck, we are glad to have you all! My son visted there a few months ago and now insisting that we make a trip there. So I suppose we will be heading there sometime in the near future!

I don't care what kind of luck, we are glad to have you all! My son visted there a few months ago and now insisting that we make a trip there. So I suppose we will be heading there sometime in the near future!

Good deal what part of the state are you going to head to?

I have pulled out 7 birds so far this season and that is not to bad so far. Although the game and fish has been pretty damn cheap this season, when it comes to the walk in areas.

Pheasant hunting in WYO is really good for some big, long tailed(22-26") birds. They're few and far between in most areas, but who wouldn't want to chase wild roosters ALL day long with their dog to occasionally limit out (in December especially). It doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. You'll never get me to say where either!

jsdriggs, sh..the .... up. just kidding lol. you are correct, great pheasant hunting in wyoming, you just have to know where, and have access, to land. we natives or miss placed natives, Dont cotten to, out of state hunter, bird populations are not that great. however, you will be hard pressed to find kinder, people to let you hunt. Its not sd. but in late nov. and dec. you can find a limit, if you know where to look.:D:cheers:

Sorry jmac. Won't say anything further on the subject.

jsdriggs,

No need to be sorry, I was hoping to wake up some of the wyoming guys,on this forum. please dont take what i wrote, the wrong way. you are correct there is some good pheasant hunting in wyoming. I was just trying to stir the wyoming site.:D

Don't worry you guys. Unless someone has friends or relatives in WY with bird hunting access, not likely NR's are going to have WY as a bird hunting destination.:eek: I mean who would drive though SD to get to WY to go Pheasant hunting.:confused:
My Dad was good friends of this rancher that had a few miles of river bottom in Eastern WY. When I was young we hunted deer and then Pheasants. We had the pheasant hunting to ourselves and it was great. The old rancher past on, the ranch changed hands, was the end of our hunting.:(

Don't worry you guys. Unless someone has friends or relatives in WY with bird hunting access, not likely NR's are going to have WY as a bird hunting destination.:eek: I mean who would drive though SD to get to WY to go Pheasant hunting.:confused:
My Dad was good friends of this rancher that had a few miles of river bottom in Eastern WY. When I was young we hunted deer and then Pheasants. We had the pheasant hunting to ourselves and it was great. The old rancher past on, the ranch changed hands, was the end of our hunting.:(

OK, we in wyoming, like that responce.lol has happend to me, too sir, the best pheasant hunting area's in wyoming. Are still there. You cant find them. I know, Stay in the aera you live in. It's all about, local knowledge. :D

Know offense mnthunting. just kidding.:D

jmac, I know your kidding. I truly am not on this forum to gain hunting access to anywhere. I just wish Fall were a couple months longer so I could spend time at all the spots I do have access.

I will spend a few days again in pursuit of a Muley Buck in your fine state come mid Oct. :)

jmac, I know your kidding. I truly am not on this forum to gain hunting access to anywhere. I just wish Fall were a couple months longer so I could spend time at all the spots I do have access.

I will spend a few days again in pursuit of a Muley Buck in your fine state come mid Oct. :)

Best of luck sir, Muleys. You should have no a problem, filling you tags. Their big and plentiful. I cant get access to pheasant hunting in Wyoming, much my self, anymore. Long time freinds pass away, kidds, or someone elsa takes over the property. No more access, I guess thats life. Everybody is greedy. I dont mind paying reasonable amount, for access, however most are just greedy.:)

There are a few of us.

Hello to all. I live in Buffalo and am very much looking forward to this fall. I plan on hunting in Mt before Wy opens up. My dog is nursing a sore foot right now, or we would have gone after some blue grouse today. Should be out on them later this week.

Last Fall headed home after my Muley hunt I went up the Tensleep Canyon to Buffalo. Very nice area Buffalo is in. Those Big Horn Mountains are spectacular.

Hello to all. I live in Buffalo and am very much looking forward to this fall. I plan on hunting in Mt before Wy opens up. My dog is nursing a sore foot right now, or we would have gone after some blue grouse today. Should be out on them later this week.

Wecomle low glide to uph. :) I was born in Buffalo, wy, and lived there until, i was 10. I love that town,and hunting pheasants in Johnson county. Do you still have fair number of birds there? welcome once again to the forums.:cheers:

Had a good hunt for blues yesterday. We got four between the two of us, but being within 15 yards of a black bear was the highlight of the hunt.

Had a good hunt for blues yesterday. We got four between the two of us, but being within 15 yards of a black bear was the highlight of the hunt.

Glade you had a good hunt. Thats a little to close for my comfort level. lol

I heard that a man in cody was killed by a male grizzly bear. The bear was trapped and moved to new area. The man killed had a cabin near by the release site. Makes you wonder about problem bears being released?

Just shows how wolf reintroduction is impacting the other apex species. No winter kill for newly emerging bears to eat anymore leads to too many hungry bears. Thanks, Washington, for making that decision that only impacts those of us that live here. I say central park needs to be restored to its wild condition.

Just shows how wolf reintroduction is impacting the other apex species. No winter kill for newly emerging bears to eat anymore leads to too many hungry bears. Thanks, Washington, for making that decision that only impacts those of us that live here. I say central park needs to be restored to its wild condition.

Low-glide,

I agree, Wolves are causing a problem, that needs to be addressed. Mountain lions are another apex species, thats causing problems in casper/ on casper mountian, and in other parts of the state. I, however, think opening a season on wolves, would correct/ control this issue.:cheers:

Back